Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by piglet55cc

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Interior

For the price it was a great vacation. We chose the cruise because it left from Baltimore. We have sailed out of Baltimore on the Carnival Pride four times. We enjoyed the cruise itinerary .

The inside room is fine. But there was no place for our luggage. It was either put them in the small closet and leave our shoes out, or put the luggage along side the bed.. Since it was impossible to get out of bed from my side that was where the luggage went. I literally, had to crawl to the bottom of the bed. It must have been hard for our steward to make out bed. There was plenty of storage for our items.

Our waiters in the dining room were Annjie and Louis were beyond excellent. They were so kind to remember our preferences after the second day. They were run ragged by a table of 10 people near us. I could hear them complaining about something every day. These 2 truly made our vacation enjoyable. It bothered me how the top people in the dining room were constantly watching our waiters. I think it was because of the complaints from the other table.

Also on 2 different days Annjie was required to try to sell us an upgraded meal in the special dining rooms. This practice also occurred in the buffet area as we were eating. I am an adult. I know how to read. I do not my meals disturbed with an advertisement.

It was a truly enjoyable trip. I would do it again. I was prepared for some of these annoying things because I rely on cruise critic.

piglet55cc's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 6V 2109

The room was tidy, but not really clean. I could not close one draw completely because there was something behind it. I had to wipe the draws out because they had not been cleaned. The floors were not vacuumed.

The bathroom is extremely small. I cannot imagine how a person larger than me would fit in the shower. I am 5 ft. and 160lb. and no matter how I tried water ended up on the bathroom floor. I would accidentally touch the shower curtain and it would cause water to leave the shower area.

Kennebunkport

The tour itself was good because I learned many things about the area. But for $74 a person I was not impressed. No water or snacks were provided on this 5hr/30min tour. It was something to do, because there was nothing to do or see on a Sunday in Portland.

View All 86 Kennebunkport Reviews