As someone with Celiac Disease (gluten), I can't begin to tell you my frustration levels for first 3 days. Confusion, lack of training, poor communication and largely indifferent. The exact scenario someone who has Celiac wants to avoid. I sure was glad I was trapped on a cruise ship! If you have food allergies, be prepared that every day will be full of conflict and misinformation. Note, that 1/2 way through the trip, I DID find a great waiter and Asst. Maitre'd who took care of my needs, but they can't be at every meal. Now, onto the cruise. Embarkation in Seattle was easy and well run. Meal times and daily activities were often wrong in the Daily Schedule (if you were lucky enough to get one, it's not a given). Ship was in good condition. Entertainment was horrible. Comedian was no funny, many walked out. Illusionist was amusing the 1st time, not so the 2nd show. The Dancers were "fine", certainly not impressive. The crew show was pleasant. The Dualing Piano Players were average, not engaged. Trivia was 30 minutes, no prizes. Kid/Teen Club failed to open on time 1st night, not promoted, NO other kids...daughter never wanted go back. Casino, staff was nice, but do the guests really have to urge them to open the Poker Table ..when the dealer is an electronic program? Seriously, set it up and let us play. Also, it's been 10 weeks since I got home and I still can't get the casino folks to give me an answer if I qualified for any future offers. Live music, why are the classical musicians stuck in too small of a room? EVERY performance was standing room only...in the hallway. Use the Showroom. BB Kings. I have seen the real BB King multiple times. I love the Blues, but the venue and showtimes just weren't convenient somehow. Shows too short, venue too small, conflicted times. Wanted to love it. Also, why not use one or more of these talented musicians to play some acoustic numbers? they're already in the ship! Lido Bar and outside deck. Why do gues5s have to open umbrellas and clean tables? Lastly, the ENDLESS hounding to buy something; wine, photos, knick knacks over and over and over. That blankin' Photographer yelling "SMILE!" every time anyone passed near the elevators, was deserving of being thrown overboard. I could go on, but suddenly all of my frustration came back. It could and should have been a trip of a lifetime.

I lost 4 pounds! Food allergies? Get ready to be frustrated...

Eurodam Cruise Review by Rippo

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)

Now, onto the cruise.

Embarkation in Seattle was easy and well run.

Ship was in good condition.

Rippo’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)
Cabin G
Cabin was fine. Bathroom was roomy. Lots of storage.

When sofabed is opened, there is zero clearance to get past it.
Upper Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins