3. Norwegian Sun
Let me start by telling you that this was my 30th cruise. I have sailed on a few different cruise ships and always come back to Royal Caribbean or Celebrity. I have heard from a great deal of people that Norwegian was usually middle aged as myself. Always had good service, food, nice ships and comparable prices. All of this is very much overstated, and here's why. These cruises are overpriced to cover the cost of alcoholic drinks. Included in your total ticket price everyone gets to drink as much as you want for free. Now, for you inexperienced, armature drinkers, as my daughter referred to them as, I'm sure this sounds awesome to say the least. Free drinks only accomplishes one thing, drunk party hardy people. If this is your thing great, go for it. Norwegian reminds me of Carnival ships. The ships are for young people who have one thing in mind, getting drunk and partying the entire time. The boos was flowing freely and yes I had a few as well. I never once saw anyone get carded. Now, I can't say for sure but, some looked very young. I went to the bar and was able to get two drinks at once. How do they know I didn't give it to a minor? This is concerning to me. I would say that 50% of the people were teens to early twenties, 30% 30's and 40's,the rest were 50 and up. I have an 8 day cruise planned with a balcony on Royal Caribbean and the cost is 400.00 cheaper than this 3 day cruise! Again, they have to offset the alcohol. My cabin had a big window which was nice, the room was an OK size, the bathroom was so tiny even a mouse would be chasing his tail! I'm a small woman and it was uncomfortable for me. The rooms were clean but, the oldness of the ship shows. It is in badly need of an overhaul. Oh, and it had no outlets for cells, kindle etc. Food was terrible, the taste was not good at all, the deserts were pretty good. My husband asked for a medium steak and it was tough as nails. They did give him another choice which was OK. the waiters were extremely slow and it was not crowded. I found the entertainment very poor and lacking. The comedy show was the best and only one we enjoyed. The service was terrible in my opinion. I never had one person greet me.No was was at the gang way even to tell people which way to go, the same was when we disembarked the ship. I have no idea who are room attendant was because he/she never came by to at the last introduce themselves. I may be spoiled by Royal and Celebrity, there customer service is impeccable!. They care about there passengers. Something that we rarely see these days. We the public are the ones who keep cruises in business and everything else for that matter. Customer service ought to be the first on everyone's mind. I can't comment on the excursions because we didn't take any after being in the Bahamas several times in the past. Several people we spoke to were very dissatisfied as we were. We spoke to a couple who were in their early 30's and even they complained. So this is not so much age related as it is about quality and customer service. Taken into consideration that this is an older ship i understand some things. Would we go on Norwegian again?, NO. I'd like to say I'd try a different ship but, will customer service change? prices? drinking? In my opinion no, because they have now set the bar with free alcohol being the number one promotion! My advise, check prices, if your a heavy duty drinker it might be good for you. If your looking to drink and party and don't care about what the ship offers including customer service then you found your cruise. ES

I only have one pro for this ship, the Japanese restaurant. The rest are cons.

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by myopinioncounts