Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Steph0513

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony Grand Suite

We found this cruise and the price was pretty cheap for a short getaway. The ship is in pretty good shape for her age. I want to add that I was all over the ship for five days and never smelled sewage once. We were in cabin U90, a Grand Suite with extended balcony. The dining room and buffet food was less than average. The saving grace was Guy's Burgers and The Blue Iguana. Both are great. We only saw the comedians so I can't comment on the rest of the shows. We enjoyed the comedians. Very funny! We couldn't even get near the pool. It was completely full all day and all night. Kids took over the hot tubs. The hot tubs in Serenity were always full as well. Our cabin steward was wonderful. He always made sure we had everything we needed. The service in the dining room was pretty bad. They didn't seem to want to be there at all. The service everywhere else on the ship was hit or miss. Quite a few of the crew were crabby and acted like they were bothered with having to do their jobs. The biggest complaint I had is that rules are not enforced. Parents let their kids run wild all over the ship unsupervised. Running and screaming in the halls, not using tongs and touching food in the buffet, playing with the ice cream machines. Crew members just watched them do it and said nothing. The kids on this cruise were the worst I've ever seen. I won't do this cruse again.

Steph0513's Full Rating Summary

Extended Balcony Grand Suite
Cabin ES U90

It was great. The cabin was nice. Could use some updating. The best part was the balcony. It was very large and had two forward facing lounge chairs. Loved relaxing out there.

Steph0513