3. Island Princess
I had done the land/sea cruise with Princess in 2004. I was very disappointed in the dated decor and condition of the Island Princess. Tiki huts and fern decor was not fitting for Alaska! The carpeting in the Lido Cafe was dirty and worn. The bathroom was very small and Water came sloshing up in our shower basin and left dirt flecks behind. Embarkation was NOT well done. The agent that gave us our cabin key did not explain the deck # system so it took us 45 minutes to find our cabin. There were not enough crew members available to direct guests as they arrived on board. Also, there were not enough waiters available in the buffet dining area so we wound up getting our own drinks. There was a definite lack of communication about meeting up with excursions both from the lodges and at the ports. I'm not at all sure that I would sail with Princess again unless it was a newer ship.

Disappointed in the Princess cruise ship.

Island Princess Cruise Review by GVSACCONE

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
GVSACCONE’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC C522
The cabin was neat and clean, but the bathroom was very small. Twice our shower backed up and filled the basin with water. When it drained the water left flecks of dirt in the basin. The shower was so small that water often went out onto the bathroom floor and one bath mat wasn't enough. We needed to use a bath towel to absorb some of the water. The steward did clean it up, but there was definitely something wrong with the plumbing.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins