3. Norwegian Escape
We chose this after cruising with NCL on the Epic. What a terrible choice though. Officers told us the Escape and much of the NCL fleet was built in Germany, Epic was built in France. I will not cruise on any ship built in Germany again if that's the case. The main pool was 6ft8" deep and over 18's only allowed. No use for our 11 year old then. So they called another pool the main pool, it was also salt water, it was 5ft at the shallow end and 5ft8" at the deep end. They were handing out life jackets to children! There were no sunbeds near the pool but kids under 12 needed adult supervision so I spent time standing like a lemon. My son hated the pool and how can kids play when they cant touch the bottom of the pool. We were told the ship had 6 sections and the pools had to be that depth to balance the weight. Never mind comfort. So if you like salt water pools, don't have kids and don't mind being out of your depth its great. They did not tell everyone to use cleanser before going into restaurants, again an officer told us we were not in a high risk area! My wife was ill after eating fish on the ship in one of the speciality restaurants. This meal was on the 1st night, we had eaten the same on the trip over to the ship from the UK to New York and my wife only ate on the ship after that. Bringing up a whole prawn was a giveaway as to the cause. I will say other food was decent. But here is the shocker, there was blood on my sons bedding and plasters in the room. It was a disgrace. I do have photo proof. So did they not wash the bedding from the last guest or give us dirty bedding and not notice, but BLOOD! Activities, thought the shows were really adult entertainment, walked out of one but Choir of Man was exceptional to be fair. These ships don't cater for an 11 year old. Kids club is great as he used it when younger but when 11 he is too old for face painting and the like. However not old enough for teen activities, this isn't a cruise only problem to be fair had this at hotels also. service was good, in fact after we complained we met a number of senior officers and they kept saying they wanted to buy us wine or a meal with no obligation, by then I had made it clear I would complain when off the ship and the compensation of two hundred dollars offered was of no use to me as I wanted a full refund for the fact that the pools were not as advertised, the room layout was not made clear, BLOOD on bedding. I did this 2nd day to make it clear how unhappy I was. Then it became the topic of conversation for the holiday so hardly relaxing. What I can say is it wasn't the officers fault, they really did try, like giving my son a token for a free ice cream made on ship, but the ice cream parlour remained closed for the next 4 days! The slides of the pool were very good, couldn't get me son to do the ropes course. Only got my son on the slides one day, he just didn't want to be near the pool so I ended up playing a lot of pool at O'Sheehans, happy holiday. Lastly I have decided to turn down the eleven hundred dollars now offered to me as the cruise cost over 5 times that. This had to be spent on board within 24 months and no other discounts could apply so it was buy a full price cruise to get some credit on ship that you don't want to go on. No thank you, on principal.

Blood on the bedding

Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mini-Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin M6
we were not told our mini suite would have a bunk bed but it did. found that very poor, the alternative was a single sofa bed. for such an expensive cabin thought it was very poor. bathroom was good, but bedding layout terrible.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins