3. Carnival Elation
I went on this cruise with a friend who was meeting up with family. As soon as we sw the ship, we could tell immediately that the exterior needed reneviation. Upon boarding it was more of the same...the seats in the dining lounge were old and the food options were not what I expected..not lot of attention given to the quality. Our stateroom was actually decent as we had a balcony. The way the ship is designed made it pretty weird to go from one side to the other as you had to take an elevator up to get to a lower floor (too complex to explain) Honestly if it wasn't for the ports of call and the people I was with, it would have been a less pleasing experience. The pool is not conducive for a ship with 2000 people and it is filled with salt water. I have only been on Royal Caribbean and comparing that boat to this one seems unfair but my experience on the Majesty of the Seas was incredible. The staff on the Elation overall was not as friendly and service committed as I would have expected so some intense training and overhaul is definitely necessary. There are 3 hot tubs which was a great plus! I don't think I will be traveling on this boat in the future..not sure about the other Carnival lines but I would have to do some serious research to determine if I would want to spend hard earned money on a future cruise.

Boat needs major improvements

specialtee69’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A m230
Cabin had a good size shower and a clothes line...the television was pleasantly large and had a few channels...the temperature system could use some upgrading as I kept having to get comfortable..there is plenty of storage space and a small fridge (which we found out about at the end of the trip)..the bed is two twin beds pushed together so that can be a little uncomfortable.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins