Cabin/ship I was very disappointed with the standard of this ship. I appreciate it is the oldest in the fleet but it look tired and our cabin was cramped and basic, especially the shower. Having previously sailed on the Midnastol there is no comparison with the Lofoten but the price was the same without the facilities. The public rooms appear tired and with a full ship there is very limited seating, the deck chairs on deck were old, sagging and uncomfortable to sit in and limited in number. Catering I ordered the Vegan menu, unfortunately this only applied to the evening meal, for breakfast and lunch I struggled as a vegan to find anything to eat. On Seafood buffet evening I had to ask for something to eat. Excursion, I was encouraged to prebook excursion before travelling, I am sure you will appreciate my annoyance when the same excursions were 10% cheaper if booked onboard the ship. All the excursions we were on were expensive, over priced and are basically a guided coach to the destination then you wander off on your own. This was especially annoying when we had the 2 hour wait for the cablecar ride. This could have been avoided if the tour guides had planned the tours for all the visiting ship that had arrived at the same time. Hurtigruten might not organise the tours but you sell them and they are very expensive, not value for money, poorly run and equally poorly attended by your passengers. The Crew. The crew are a credit to the company, friendly and helpful. Taking time to talk to passengers making them feel comfortable and helping to enjoy the trip. A special mention for the Reception Manager Harald Weinreich. He made the trip, regular updates, information, entertaining and informative. I consider him to be an asset to the company, he is your link to passenger who have spent a lot of money to enjoy your cruises he works incredibly hard to ensure that passengers are fully informed. Overview I was disappointed with this cruise, the cabin, catering, public facilities for me were not up to The Hurtigruten standard. I fully appreciate that your ships are working, delivering supplies and enabling people to access remote areas of Norway. I would ask you to think more for the passengers that go on all your cruises and want to enjoy your beautiful country. Having spent a lot of money we want to feel like it was worth every penny.

Amazing crew

The Crew.

Overview

FleaRowe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Hurtigruten Lofoten price drops

Cabin was basic, bathroom was poor, peeling paint and rust in shower, no grab rail in shower and nowhere to put soap or shampoo