• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

Avalon Panorama Review

Editor Rating

Great cruise, but not enough to be solely repeat customer

Review for Avalon Panorama to Europe River
CTJr
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin: Panorama Suite with French Balcony

We chose a river cruise as it would be a first for us and I had gotten seasick on the one and only time we went on an ocean cruise. We chose the Rhine river cruise due to the start/end cities and length of cruise. I looked at several cruise lines until it came down to two- Avalon and AmaWaterways. Chose Avalon due to schedule/direction. With the intimacy of small boats and smooth sailing on rivers, I'll never go on an ocean cruise again. Fellow passengers were very nice, no one was disruptive onboard. Staff was for the most part excellent.

I'd give our cruise 8 out of 10 stars. I subtracted points for lack of varied night time entertainment, communication issue with a cook, staff not being overly attentive in refilling wine and coffee during meals, and one optional excursion that we took that was unsatisfactory. Due to my rating the next time I go on a river cruise I'll look at other cruise lines. If I had rated it 9 or 10 stars I would definitely repeat with Avalon.

Kudos to the excellent breakfasts, lunches, and dinners onboard, cabin/service, and the tours that were included with no charge. It would have been great if they had a karaoke night or maybe hire a dance instructor for one night.

Panorama Suite with French Balcony

Very nice bathroom, bed, sheets, pillow. Only issue we had were cobwebs right outside sliding door. One day I killed a spider on our curtain.

Service was excellent. Had one hiccup that was remedied.

1 Helpful Vote