3. Norwegian Bliss
The Bliss was very clean and you can tell it’s a newer ship. The Haven is amazing, great customer service, private restaurant was yummy, bar tenders always attentive, concierge always willing to help. Penthouse was nice size with lots of storage space with huge bathroom and balcony however I do feel the room was overpriced compared to other cruise lines. Butler “Walter” was wonderful. Cruise to Alaska did not have to fight for loungers at the pool deck. Casino is nice and the smoking section is separate from the regular casino so doesn’t leave you smelling like gross smoke. Laser tag was so much fun and a must. My son loved the race cars. Jersey boys was great. My son loved the splash academy! Cons: do your research and make reservations before you go. Everything books by afternoon first day don’t miss out. Race cars are fun but only 3 laps, too quick should be at least 5 laps. Havana was ok, not great but something to do. Bingo staff not entertaining but fun to play but expensive. Most Entertainment is in atrium and location is too small. Kids arcade much smaller than some other newer ships but it was entertaining to my 7 yr old. Food was good but not memorable at all. Haven was good but speciality restaurants were just average. Ate at steakhouse (ok), Italian (below average),Q-bbq (good). Margaritaville has good appetizers but burgers seemed like the same burgers served on the buffet. The local was good and ate there several times for quick bites. Cupcakes at the bakery were good but nothing special. I enjoyed the cake in the Haven Lounge more. Ate breakfast once in buffet and a couple lunches in the buffet and it was your typical cruise buffet but i was impressed by how clean it was and staff were always cleaning and clearing dishes and offered good variety of food. The ship was full occupancy but I always found table for 4. I never felt over crowded. The drop waterslide was not open the entire cruise (rumor was it was missing a bolt), kids water slides didn’t open till later in day. 1st day not till 4pm and every other day was 11 or 12. Everyother cruise I’ve been on opens early like 9/10am especially on embarkation day. My son was disappointed not to try out the kids slides until late on the first day. Also closes early but water is always warm so that was a plus. Kids waterpark is smaller than I’m use to. Would have thought they would have had more waterpark attractions on new ship but my son still had fun but gets crowded. Mini golf-5 holes, nothing fancy. Smoke stack blows on you while playing. No real entertainment on the pool deck at all. If you go with kids make sure to make reservations for race cars and laser tag $. Other than letting them play in arcades $ and going to the kids club splash academy there is nothing else for them to do. Surprised there weren’t more shopping options on board. The Margaritaville store and pool accessories not available on Alaska cruise. Overall it was a great family vacation and Alaska is beautiful and lots of fun excursions. The Bliss was a beautiful new ship. The ship was nicely decorated and clean. The restaurants were disappointing but I never went hungry. Just think I could have got the same experience for a lower price on a different ship; guess it was newer so paid more. I don’t think we would have had the same experience if we didn’t stay in Haven room. It was nice not to have to wait in any lines to get on or off boat and always had seat available for the shows but again would have paid less on another cruise line. Would love to go back to Alaska but most likely will try another cruise line for less but ship was big and beautiful and we did have great time overall. If staying in Seattle, the Marriott waterfront is across from the NCL terminal. We literally walked across the street with our luggage and were on the boat. Plus there is free shuttle outside that takes you to all the local Seattle attractions. Very convenient.

Nice new boat!

Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

The Haven Aft-facing Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H6 11312
Cabin was wonderful. Nice size and bedroom had king bed and tons of storage. Master bathroom was very spacious. Balcony was huge with table and 4 chairs and 2 loungers and still plenty of room to walk around. Was nice size room however I could have paid less for same size room on other cruise lines. Was not far from elevator and considering it was aft never waited for elevator. Mid elevators were always crowded. Part of Haven but you do have to take elevator to high deck and walk a little to access Haven Lounge and Restaurant but never bothered us. We had amazing views from balcony so was great location for us.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins