Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review

Met our London doppelgängers on our Greek Isles cruise

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by morgancita

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean

We chose this cruise because the dates fell on the week of my birthday AND it left out of the port of Civitavecchia. We LOVE Rome so we had an excuse to visit again. We flew in the night before the cruise so that we could explore and relax. Embarkation was smooth. It took a total of about 20 minutes between checking in and getting onto the cruise ship.

We booked excursions in Santorini, Athens, and Katakolon. We explored on our own in Mykonos. I vlogged all of the ports and shore excursions, so if you would like to see which excursions we booked, check out my youtube channel: Morgancita

The ship was beautiful! We had an interior room which is always perfect for us because the only time we spend in the room is to shower and sleep. They had a movie theater which was nice on sea days (get there early or you won't have a seat). The pool always had music or some form of entertainment which was nice. They had a show every night and it was always something different which was great.

The food was average and I say this because they didn't really switch up the options much in the buffet. The main dining room was also pretty limited. Not the worst food but definitely not the best.

The highlight of our trip was meeting another mother and daughter couple who were from London who were EXACTLY like us. We spent the night of my birthday at a free silent disco party on the ship which was SO MUCH FUN! This is what I love most about cruising. You get to go to the most beautiful places and meet even more amazing people :)

morgancita's Full Rating Summary