We decided on the Norwegian Bliss because it is a New ship and seemed to have everything. We cruised with them 15 years ago and had a good experience. This cruise was not a good experience and they have lost my future business. Couple of issues:
* 4700 guests and no more common space than any other ship we have sailed on.
* The restaurant service was very poor. They rushed to get us out when they were there.
* The food was below standard compared to the 15 cruises I have done. Buffet was ok
* Needed reservations for EVERYTHING including dinner. We had seven and the best they could ever do was 9:00PM. So much for Anytime dining..Apparently if you don't get your reservations 90 days in advance of cruise you get what you get. Early shows were booked. Comedy shows sold out but was able to get in with the overflow group. Plan on waiting.
* The premium drink package we purchased did NOT include water or coffee.
* The world famous water slide / tube was closed for the entire cruise for repairs.
* They offered a painting class that had 12 spots for 1 day only. Good Luck with 4700 guests and only 12 spots for a class. Why was it even in the daily program.
* The drinks were not consistent. Find a bar you like and stay with it.
Our biggest issue was the late dining time,poor food quality and service. Just FYI, the strawberry shortcake was made with pound cake.
* Getting on the ship was simple but getting off at port was ridiculous. Again, 4700 guests is big if you dont have the staff to handle them.
* One Starbucks coffee ship for 4700 guests. Yes, they charge.
Cabin was nice and steward was great.
After providing examples of our issues, the manager of food services moved out last two dinners to 5:30. Expensive boat ride.
Lost more cabins and the same amount of ship.
When I take a week off work for cruise I expect a little more.
The cabin was a little smaller than most ships but was nice. The Bliss in a New ship and everything seemed to be in good working order.
Excellent trip. This is the second time I have taken this trip and loved them both.