3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
My first impressions began with late lunch on embarkation day in Kings Court. Dodging employees with food carts, they didn’t give way for guests - to the point of being dangerous. Good food selections available, although meat over cooked to toughness. First day party impressive poolside and music was excellent as we watched NYC fade away. Our eight-person seating companions at dinner each evening were excellent and we promised to stay in touch. Disappointed in repeated shows in planetarium. Was hoping for something other than dark matter and meteorites. Arson lecture was really good. As was lecture on British history. Live shows excellent in theater but very short. My very favorite restaurant was the Golden Lion. Trivia contests and space sharing brought us in contact with so many fine people for the fun competitions. My biggest concern was uneven flooring that felt like rotting wood under carpets, especially in the casino. With all the alleged grandeur, this seemed dodgy. Would not opt for balcony cabin again. North Atlantic, even in dead summer, is not conducive to enjoying outdoors. We didn’t use it. Food good in Britannia but as I don’t drink much alcohol, waiter acted as if I was less than when I ordered a soft drink with my dinner. Public spaces are beautiful. I might do it again, but looking at nothing but water for seven straight days was trying. I was excited on day six when I saw actually spied a bird as we approached land. All in all, I wasn’t all that impressed after reading all the glorious reviews about this glamorous ocean liner.

First time cruiser

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Maggie Malone

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Arson lecture was really good. As was lecture on British history.

Live shows excellent in theater but very short.

Public spaces are beautiful.

Maggie Malone’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 8121
Small but efficient. We had everything we needed. Cabin steward was excellent.
Decent mattress and clean room. Room service good.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins