3. Carnival Magic
We left Fort Lauderdale and sailed to Half Moon Cay, then Grand Turk, then Aruba, then Curacao...weather was exceptional the whole time! It was our family reunion cruise and this was the perfect itinerary! We left Fort Lauderdale and sailed to Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. Carnival owns this island. This was the only tendered stop. Nice. We walked around for about an hour and returned to the ship. We then sailed to Grand Turk where we rented golf carts and road all over the entire island which is only 7 miles. We found a place called Jacks Shack and ate jerk chicken and fed all the poor dogs we could. We loved Grand Turk. Then we sailed to Aruba where all we did was shop for very nice jewelry. Aruba is beautiful. Our final destination was Curacao...weather was exceptional the whole time! We went to an ostrich farm where they had tons of baby ostriches, emus, parrots, peacocks and Japanese potbelly pigs and piglets. So wonderful!!! When I spend a lot of money to vacation, I expect to vacation way above the level of which I live day to day! The food was passable...specialty restaurants were EXCELLENT because there were added fees collected for them. The ship is overdue for renovations...rust and dust everywhere. The balcony was just nasty and I had to ask the room steward to spray the curtains which is where I assumed the musty odor was emanating from...sigh...just so that I could sleep comfortably...yes it was the curtains. The bathroom was very nice thank heavens. Entertainment on the ship was -meh- I enjoyed trivia, I enjoyed the casino. The shows were okay. Customer Service was wonderful -- EVERYWHERE!!! Very happy I experienced Carnival, but it's just a bit to "wild party side" for me.

Maybe I am a Snob.

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by TheBuick

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

Customer Service was wonderful -- EVERYWHERE!!!

TheBuick’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M 6476
The bathroom was excellent. The room had plenty of storage and was clean except the curtains. They were full of dust and musty. I had to ask the room steward to spray the curtains which is where I assumed the musty odor was emanating from...sigh...just so that I could sleep comfortably...yes it was the curtains. We could not enjoy the balcony, it was puddled, warped, full of rust and the glass was beyond corroded. The lounge chairs were filthy.

No cover over this balcony. The wake was beautiful.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins