3. Jewel of the Seas
I wanted to go to the Greek Islands, specifically Santorini and Rhodes, I did a 18 day cruise on RC Radiance of the Seas the year before and although it was old, the food and entertainment were good. On Jewel of the Seas, there were no dance lessons, the food was way below standard for a cruise ship and the staff and cabins left a lot to be desired. Even the Americans on board were complaining about the food and staff. The cover band was amazing though, really enjoyed the main band in the Atrium, a couple of the shows were also very entertaining. The fruit was all very poor quality and not even ripe, the desserts at the buffet were just mainly baked cakes, that everyone had to cut themselves and left them looking very unappetising, they were crumbled all over the plate. The cakes seemed to be the same most nights, no cheesecake or other alternatives. The service in the dining room was so slow that we opted to go to the buffet most nights, this is a first for me as I always enjoy dining in the Dining Rooms. This is the first time in my many cruises that I have not tipped the waiter and his attendant. I did speak to a couple of the officers, but they seemed less than interested in anything I had to say. If you want to do a cruise anywhere, I would suggest you give the Jewel of the Seas a wide Berth.2 weeks earlier, I did a MSC Cruise on the Bellissima for half the price and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to going back on the Bellissima in the near future.

Probably the worst cruise ship I have ever sailed on

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Jojo Power