3. Norwegian Breakaway
I have been on over 35 cruises my second in two years on the Breakaway. FOOD The food was still good, however it really irks me that they have done away with Lobster night. Also seemed to be a lot more nickel and diming the customers. ROOM Our room steward was the worst I have ever experienced. After 2 straight mornings of him running the vacuum in the hall at 8 am, I asked him to why he was doing it so early and not waiting until more passengers were out of their rooms. He told me because it was dirty, I pointed out that it could wait. He also argued with me regarding that I ordered distilled water even after I showed him the email confirmation. I complained the phone did not work, he said he would take care of it. I checked later that day and it still did not work, so I asked him and he said he fixed it. I told him he did not and told him to follow me back to the room to show him it did not work. Friends of ours 2 rooms down, said he broke their son’s glasses that were laying on the bed. Yes they should not have been left on the bed, but he could at least own up to it. He forgot to leave them towels and when they called him, he said he was off duty, talk about terrible customer service! EXCURSION In Roatan, we did the ultimate resort for a day, what a nightmare. There was a strike and the road was blocked the driver turned around and almost got t-boned. He then took us on a one lane dirt road up a mountain, with cars and trucks coming the other way. All of us in the van asked him to take us back to the ship, which he refused. We got there after an hour and half, he told us he would pick us up an hour early. The service was terrible, we had to wait 45 minutes for drinks and they were not very busy. They also warned us about sand flies, so we used off and did not even go the beach, just used the upper pool which was high above the beach. My wife got 11 bites anyway. When we left, we were half way back to the ship, he had to turn around for 2 more passengers, we get there and there are 6 more, but only room for 4, and there was another van coming in 10 minutes. We should never had to go back for any of them. We complained to the excursion desk, I told them I didn’t want any compensation, but rather they needed to know the terrible experience to drop the excursion. They listened and then told us that we had our allotted time, I explained we did not since we were an hour late getting there and picked up and hour early. Again terrible customer service. Bottom line the service has declined!

The service and value has slipped from 2 years ago

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by bryans42

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside Stateroom
I have been on over 35 cruises my second in two years on the Breakaway.

FOOD

ROOM

EXCURSION

Bottom line the service has declined!
bryans42’s Full Rating Summary