• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin: Celebrity Suite
Traveled with children

We just returned form a Med cruise on the Celebrity Edge. It was absolutely wonderful. The ship is brand new, clean, beautiful. Everything went smoothly from embarkation to disembarking. Our cabin was the Celebrity Suite. We had Rhona our wonderful butler. The space was perfect. The entire staff we had interaction with on a daily basis were friendly and helpful. Pricilla Schmitt who oversees the Retreat Lounge is exceptional.

We loved all the ports with the exception of Ibiza. I am unsure why that stop is on the itinerary. I feel Majorca would have been better.

We traveled with our 13 and 16 year olds. Along with friends they had a super time. That for the kids was key - to travel with a group. I am not sure the ship would have been enough for them without their buddies.

Celebrity Suite

Cabin CS

Great space. We never felt as though we required more. We had room 11100. The bed was super comfortable. My son slept on the trundle. My only negative is the layout of the bathroom. I felt for what we had spent on the suite the bathroom should have had a better layout. Felt very tight.

Port Reviews

Barcelona

Beautiful city. We did our own excursion and tickets.

The casino on board. It is nice, clean, obviously smoke free. Don’t laugh but the slots are very very tight! I was not looking to win 1M. However, as a player, I do like little wins for the giggles and to keep the play going. Twenty after twenty without a little win was kind of painful. My bad for not learning my lesson. It wasn’t only me not having any luck. I looked around at other people’s machines. Much of the same. No big winners. At all.

Someone recently asked me did I feel As though the Celebrity Edge was exceptionally expensive. It did not occur to me originally but I will say now that yes, it is. The suites are terribly expensive. And the fact that you need to purchase the perks for the 3rd guest when you are suite level is king of insulting.

The pool up at the Retreat is more like a Spool. A Spa/small pool. I believe Guests would be happier to rsvp in 1 hour/2 hour time slots to guarantee them space in the pool or guarantee them a chair. I think That would be a fair compromise.

In summary...

PROS:

- spotless rooms, comfortable beds, clean elevators and public spaces

- the staff always greeted you with a smile and everyone was always super helpful.

- never felt that products/services were being pushed upon us. No hard sell here.

- the waiters at every restaurant were always super nice and enjoyable.

- the buffet layout was easy and clean:)

- embarkation/disembarking super easy.

- aesthetically beautiful

CONS-

- very expensive for a large ship. Be prepared to spend what you would for an ultra high end, smaller cruise (ship) and line. Prices should seriously decrease for this size/type of ship.

- entertainment is lacking. People did walk out of every show we attended

- casino - so tight it wasn’t even fun. And I tried! Lol

- the food at all the restaurants could improve. Fresh herbs/veggies from all of these wonderful ports should be added.

- the main pool is so small and crowded.

- more activities for teens should be added.

9 Helpful Votes