3. Celebrity Solstice
I booked this particular ship due to the itinerary as it related to the time in port in the three Alaska ports. The hours in port were longer and or better to my liking than the other cruise lines I explored when planning this trip. Out of the 5 cruises I have been on (3 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and this one on Celebrity.) This was the overall worst of the 5 cruises. The only highlights was the food inside the Blu Restaurant and our server Orlando. He was so great I wanted to adopt him and even told him as such. The food in the buffet was dreadful. It was either exceptionally old as if it was sitting there all day or was cold. The food in the buffet on the rarity we went there, even made my girlfriend very sick, sick to the point of staying in the cabin near a bathroom for the last full day of the cruise which made us miss touring Victoria until the next day when we left the ship. Thankfully we didn't have too far of drive to return home. The cabin steward we had was also excellent, and one of the shop workers onboard by the name of Alson was beyond helpful and very much appreciated. Also the spa was a nice experience. I had a pedicure and my girlfriend had a manicure. The staff in the spa were great to interact with. They knew what they were doing and were very personable. The rest of the onboard experience was very hit or miss. The entertainment was very spotty as well. They had some great moments here and there, but nothing to really be thrilled by. Every show we went to, the theater was half empty or more.

Great itinerary...mostly mediocre ship

ubserved’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A1 1538
The cabin itself was fine as well as the cabin steward who serviced the room twice a day. He was absolutely great. The dining at the Blu restaurant on board was absolutely delightful. Our waiter Orlando was a delight to interact with. Exceptionally personable. The buffet was dreadful. The food there was luke warm at best and even made my g/f sick to the point she stayed in the cabin in bed popping imodium for the last full day of the cruise and even missing visiting Victoria BC. Guest relations had to remake my room key sail card 3 times being it wouldn't open the cabin door and I finally gave up on it and my g/f opened the door, her's worked all the time or had the cabin steward open it for me if I was by myself. Personally speaking I expected much more for a cruise that cost my nearly $5k. I'm going back to Carnival.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Mendenhall Glacier
    The actual excursion was great. The bus that took us there was awful. The AC didn't work, it was like a sauna inside and felt like the wheels were going to fall off the bus while it was in motion to the point we considered taking a cab back to the pier. It was the same tour operator as the excursion in Ketchikan and the bus had the same issues.
    View All 876 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews
  • Lumberjack Show
    This show was outstanding.
    View All 299 Lumberjack Show Reviews
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    The train tour was great. It was rocky so if you get motion sickness, I would avoid it, other than that, it was great. The scenery was wonderful, we even saw two black bear cubs that were in a tree, most likely scared up there from the train. The tour narrator was very knowledgeable. It was a great experience.
    View All 1,085 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews