Eurodam Cruise Review
1,131 Reviews

Better than Expected (4.5 stars)

Eurodam Cruise Review by lascmojo

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

This was a very last minute cruise booked within one week of travel. Got a decent price for a partially obstructed stateroom, which was actually larger than I expected. Having just gotten off RCL's Mariner of the Seas one week earlier, I was worried that the Eurodam was going to be boring by comparison. But our experience was better than I expected. For this cruise, it was just my 6 yo & me (late30s). We normally travel as a family of 4 (my husband & our 9 yo), plus grandparents. In complete honesty, this ship would probably have bored my 9yo who has become accustomed to our previous cruises' "bells & whistles" from the likes of Disney, Norwegian, and Royal. But my 6yo & I enjoyed the slower, more relaxed pace. I think the more "chill" vibe was very fitting for the serenity of Alaska. Compared to our most recent cruise on the Mariner, Eurodam 's food at the Lido & MDR was much better, although HAL needs to have more vegetarian options. Service in Lido was hit or miss.

I often had to get my own drink or clear my own table. I appreciated that servers served portions, versus allowing guests to handle the tongs. Entertainment was good, especially the magician show as well as BB Kings. I do think HAL needs to up their entertainment options, compared to their rivals, who have more lively entertainment often. Fitness Center was sufficient and I even saw whales a couple times while I was using the elliptical. My 6yo enjoyed the kids club, but compared to Disney, Royal, & Norwegian, I thought HAL could do a better job with kiddie activities, playroom, and hours. Excursion & Guest Services did a good job addressing my questions and I appreciated being able to use Port Valet service. Overall, I recommend the Eurodam for an Alaskan itinerary. I'd consider cruising HAL again given the right itinerary and price.

lascmojo's Full Rating Summary

Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

Large. Well appointed. Plenty of space for 2. Had an obstructed view but you could still see a sliver of a view beyond the lifeboat

Seamless both to/from pier

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Whale Watching

Excellent but pricey. Probably should have waited to get off the ship & explored options with vendors waiting at the dock.

View All 906 Whale Watching Reviews
Wildlife Tour

Loved seeing the animals

View All 44 Wildlife Tour Reviews

Booked this with vendor at the pier. Significantly cheaper than cruise tour, but the trolley driver was so hard to understand and barely "narrated." He was literally just a driver and not a tour guide.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Butchart Gardens

We were 1hr late to dock & disembark, which pushed out our tour- which then meant seeing the gardens in natural daylight was cut short

View All 308 Butchart Gardens Reviews