3. Ovation of the Seas
This is my 2nd Alaskan cruise. I’m not a big fan of cruises to Alaska because of the cold, cloudy weather, but I agreed to go as long as we cruised Royal Caribbean. Embarkation went smoothly and cabins are available at 1:00. The ship is huge and beautiful. Balcony cabin was great and had reclining chairs on the balcony, a huge plus. Service was great for the most part. Everyone was friendly and seemed to enjoy their jobs. Another highlight were the shows. They were top notch. Really enjoyed the Las Vegas Tenors and all their broadway style shows including Pixels. Other than Pixels, no reservations are required for the shows. The hush dance party inTwo70 was a blast. Excursions were great especially the wildlife adventure in Skagway. It’s a high speed boat that does doughnuts through the fjord stopping to see the wildlife along the way. Saw tons of seals, bald eagles and gorgeous waterfalls. My all time favorite port is Victoria. It’s a beautiful city. Since it was my 3rd time there I didn’t do any excursions and opted for high tea instead. The only reason for 4 stars is the food which was just so so. The food in the Windjammer got better as the week went on. We had My time dining which limits you to 2 of the main dining rooms. Most days we opted for Silk because the service was better than The American Icon. By the last night we were pretty tired of the food which was often the same. We didn’t eat in any of the specialty restaurants except The Solarium. Even though it’s a huge ship the only time it felt crowded was on the 4th floor around the shops. It’s a beautiful ship and I would love to sail it again.

Beautiful ship

Dogmom88’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 8D 8221
Beautiful cabin. Larger than some other ships. Never felt cramped. Lots of closet space. Reclining chairs on the balcony.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins