Have travelled on Sirena once before and also on Oceania's Riviera. Service on board apart from the drinks service was excellent. Food sadly was a let down. We sent back a total of five main courses. The menu at the Grand Dining Room had shrunk considerably from our last cruises. Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak House menu's haven't changed in the past four years. Ports of call were handled well as was embarking and disembarking. We had the beverage package which is clumsily handled. Firstly you cannot buy prior to cruising, you have to buy on board which means queuing to request then the re issue of your cabin key card. Stupid. The staff have to retrieve your card and swipe it after you order your drink. It is hard enough finding a wine waiter in the first place and even harder to get one to swipe your card. Viking do it so much better were each staff member carries a hand held device that has your picture, room no, any packages etc. Once they confirm your room number that's it. Far, far better. Please look at my cabin review.

Noisy

Sirena Cruise Review by Pedro D

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

Ports of call were handled well as was embarking and disembarking.

Please look at my cabin review.
Pedro D’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Sirena price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH1 8043
The cabin had been redone apart from the bathroom. It was bright, clean and very well presented. I couldn't fault a thing. However we were situated under Waves grill. The heavy chairs being scraped, banged and dragged around was unbelievably loud. It went on from around 10am till 4pm. The night we left Monaco there was a fireworks display and drinks and canapés on board. Gorgeous. At midnight though the crew started putting the tables and chairs back together again banging, dragging etc for about an hour. I had written earlier in a passenger review that we were given on board that the room was noisy due to the chair situation and I did receive a phone call from guest services. After the midnight escapades I rang and spoke to guests services about the noise etc. She apologised and said that it would not be happening again for the duration of the cruise. She was ill informed. Three days later at about 11.45 it started again. This time the crew were scrubbing the deck and moving furniture. My wife went up in her pyjamas and complained to the crew. Of course that achieved very little. I didn't bother ringing guest relations the next day as they obviously don't really know. Point is DO NOT GET A CABIN UNDER WAVES GRILL. ACTUALLY AVOID LEVEL 8 COMPLETELY.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins