3. Liberty of the Seas
I researched everything about this cruise before we left. Hours and hours of research. So, now that we have concluded our cruise (returned today), I wanted to give you all those details and information while it's still fresh in my mind. Would I personally go on this cruise again? Absolutely not. Where do I start........ Parking is a little bit of a pain, probably depending on when you arrive. We didn't get there until around noon and the street in front of the cruise terminal was at a crawl. Book your parking early!! I waited and most lots were full. However, we went with the actual Port of Galveston parking (indoor garage) and it was perfect. It was right across the street so we could just walk and didn't have to deal with a shuttle bus. It was $105, and by booking online, you save $5 so it was $100. The line to get onto the ship was long, but moved faster than I thought it would. It took about an hour. Print out your sea pass paper before you go! The line for those without this was much longer. Also make sure you put all your passport info, credit card charging info., etc. into their system BEFORE you go. We got onto the ship at 1:30 and rooms were ready! I'll review the rooms in the other section at the bottom of this review. We headed to the buffet, and it was a crowded mess. Honestly, it drives me crazy how people are so rude. They cut in lines, they stand in the middle, they push, the list could go on. There was no where to sit. It was awful and at this point I was really regretting booking a big ship. Suitcases arrived around 6. We booked the 3 specialty restaurant package. The restaurants were good, but not fabulous. I am a huge foodie and love to cook, so I'm probably much more critical than others. The Italian place was the best, with Chops coming in second. The other nights we did the "My Time" dining and made a reservation. That worked out well and we never had to wait. Dress code: NO ONE CARES (which is very sad)! That's pretty much what we figured out. Some people wore shorts and hats to the dining room and no one said a thing. On formal night, the majority of people did not wear formal clothes, but wore Church type clothes. There are no washers/ dryers to use, as some other ships have. You can have them do your laundry for $35, all you can stuff in a small bag they give you, and they simply wash, dry and fold. Not worth it in my opinion, but in a pinch, it's there. If you try to do laundry in the sink, beware that things take forever (days) to dry because of the humidity. Drink packages.....(My opinion): We had a party of 5 (2 adults, 3 teens). We purchased the refreshment package and it was $26 per day/ per person. Definitely not cheap, but the alcohol package was really pricey with tips added, etc. I would NOT buy this again. The lines to get drinks were long, and it was honestly a pain. Plus, the days you aren't on the ship, you don't use it much. We did use it for some specialty coffees (available in Cafe Promenade). I did use it for fresh squeezed OJ some mornings, but everyone else in the family thought it tasted weird. It was quite sweet, and not what I expected. (Fresh OJ is available in Windjammer at a little station). We used it for some virgin drinks and sodas. But overall, we would have been better off just paying for each drink as we wanted one. Even sodas were a pain to get because you had to go to a bar and wait behind the lines of people getting alcoholic drinks made. Food: Just OK. We've been spoiled with other cruise lines where the food was really good...(Regent Seven Seas, Celebrity, (even NCL was way better). It wasn't bad, it was just OK. No other way to really describe it. Sorrento's pizza was probably the best and we all loved getting pizza late at night. Shows: They were pretty good. The comedy shows were probably the best and also the most crowded. You don't need tickets or anything to any of their shows. Just show up about 15 min. early and grab a seat. The ice skating rink was really small, so our kids had no desire to skate. It would be best for little kids. Slides: Our teenagers said they were so slow and stopped mid slide. They did not try the one with the raft type thing because the lines were insane. Speaking of lines and crowds, they were AWFUL everywhere. There were also many times when we were bored on the ship. Pool is tiny. Lounge chairs go quickly so I just got up early each day and enjoyed my coffee out near the pool. It was calm and peaceful then, which I loved. Bring towel clips because it gets windy. WIFI was HORRIBLE! We purchased it for all of us and it seemed to always have issues. It was down for more than 24 hours one of the days. The other days, it was so slow and would only work on certain areas of the ship. For example, it would not work inside rooms or on balconies. The ship is old and showing it's age. They do a good job keeping it clean and for the most part, the employees seemed happy. I felt like everything was an "extra" charge, and in the end, this trip was more than double what I thought it would be. Disembarking: GOOD! We had an early flight from Bush. We knew we took a risk booking that early, and then Delta changed their flight schedule and made it even earlier. Our flight ended up being at 10:50, so we needed to get off ASAP. We carried off our own luggage. We went to the theater room at 7:15. Around 7:35 we were able to start walking out. Since we parked across the street, we were in our car and on the road at 7:50. It worked out perfectly.

All of your questions answered here :)

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by travelteachermom

Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 6240
We had 2 balcony rooms (6240 and 6244). The locations were great. Basically right above Sorrento's pizza which the kids loved. The rooms were also near the stairs/ elevators, but quiet. One was a larger balcony room (6240) and the other had 2 twin beds and a pullman bed. The rooms are OLD and OUTDATED. Nothing special at all. Our cabin steward was awesome though (Bryan). There is quite a bit of storage. They provide a shampoo/ body wash, but I would suggest bring your own shampoo/ conditioner. They do provide soap bars as well. There is a hair dryer, although I brought my own. No robes. The room A/C worked great. We slept so well! The button for the Speaker to hear announcements in the stateroom was broken. The TV "sometimes" worked. It reminded me of a very very old Holiday Inn.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Costa Maya
    We booked the 6 hour trip to the waterpark (can't remember the name). They had about 10 slides, a lazy river, pools. It was a lot of fun! We did not eat the buffet because the food looked gross sitting out all day. Tons of flies in it. I believe it was $25 pr person. Water is $4....bring your own :) Water shoes are not needed but certainly can be worn and are probably a good idea if you can get your kids to wear them. Ours refused because they are ugly. They also sell them there. If you have regular flip flops, they let you wear them on the slides. Sometimes they fell off but you get them at the bottom.
    View All 12,771 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    Booked the 3 reef snorkel. It wasn't great snorkeling to be honest. They take you just out from the port. You can see the cruise ships the entire time. The third spot they took us to was exactly the same spot as the first.
    View All 426 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Fishing
    We booked a 5 hour fishing excursion privately with Roatan Anglers. They were awesome. Highly recommend.