• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Icemanbanjo
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin: Concierge Class 1

Can I just firstly say that the crew were absolutely amazing, each and every one of them! Some days I did enjoy myself but for the most part I was not happy with this cruise at all.

Firstly it was very overcrowded. Apparently it was some kind of record, over 3500 passengers. Due to this a lot of people could not get sun beds or even seats in the ocean view cafe to eat. You pay that much money you should have a sun bed allocated for you and a place to eat the food you paid for. It felt like a 3 star holiday resort where everybody runs for the sun beds. At the bars I saw a lot of arguments between people trying to get served. The bar staff couldn’t control it they never knew who to serve next and people were pushing in. On my last night I had an argument myself at the ice bar. Everybody sits around the bar so you can’t get served. I was waiting for 15 minutes then all of a sudden this rude man tried pushing me out of the way and said it was his seat. I tried to explain I didn’t want to sit down I just wanted a drink then I was going to stand back. Then his friend started on me saying I didn’t understand. It’s ridiculous that people are allowed to cover the whole bar by sitting down, drinking, then getting served again straight away. Nobody else has a chance of getting served. The seats should all be removed it’s not fair on people.

Now to the food. In the main restaurant I can’t complain. But In the ocean view cafe the food was always cold. I got told they replace it every 4 hours which is a very long time. Breakfast was the worst. Stone cold beans everyday. Then I kept getting them blue glasses which were sometimes filthy, with one day having yogurt all over the rim of the glass. Again it felt like a 3 star holiday resort.

Concierge Class 1

The cleaner was exceptional. But we had so many rattles it was hard to sleep. One of them was the balcony door had a draft coming through. Rattles in the roof and walls.

Find a Celebrity Silhouette Cruise from $653