• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

jr13160
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin: Stateroom with French Balcony

We are Heritage members and sailed with Uniworld before on the S.S. Joie de Vivre from Paris to Normandy. Our experience with Uniworld in 2017 was exceptional!

BUT THIS EXPERIENCE ON RIVER PRINCESS WAS NOT!

Front Desk Hotel Manager and staff looked upset and serious if you asked a question. No smiles at anytime. It was as if all of them had some attitudes. The wait staff were arguing at times in their Romanian or Slavic language-you could see the tension. I even had to get up at dinner to ask for water. They forgot my meal and had to remind them but all they always said was it is coming and then they would turn to each other and argue. It was extremely uncomfortable. The dining room was poorly set up not allowing much choices on seating to meet others and definitely NOT what our last experience was. It was a typical dining room as if it were on a Celebrity Cruise.

Stateroom with French Balcony

Unfortunately our experience on the Authentic Danube River Princess was below standard and extremely disappointing and upsetting. The River Princess ship was in poor shape. Our stateroom bathroom had chips and cracks, our tiles were discolored in the shower. The bathroom was poorly designed where the towel rack was above the toilet and I had to lower my head in order not to hit my face on it. The bathroom looked old and tired. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and we had to ask for more of a mattress pad. The cabin door was so spaced from the frames which caused massive light to shine through the door at night illuminating our stateroom. We had to use a blanket and my own scarves to as a makeshift shield EVERY Evening to block the light.

Port Reviews

Nuremberg

Went to Rally Grounds with guide by bus, Jewish Museum and rushed that we had to get back-but we did not need to catch a bus since our ship was still there and not leaving right away

Regensburg

We walked around on our won after a tor which was basic.

Vilshofen an der Donau