• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin: Balcony

I chose this cruise because I had a pleasant experience with Carnival 2 years ago on the Carnival Liberty. I should have chosen another cruise line, the first trip seemed to be a one-off lucky good time.

SHIP CONDITION:

The sunshine is dirty, tired, and cabins DO smell as reported in other reviews. The porter entered our room without permission, and with the DND tag hanging on the door on the first night of the trip. My 16 year old and I were both horrified. There was no explanation given for the mistake. When we boarded the ship and entered our cabin it smelled like foul body odor, carpets were stained, the bathroom was dirty. We thought it would be nice/special because I paid extra for the “Cloud 9 Spa Balcony Cabin”. Clearly a huge waste if money! I was also told by Carnival’s Customer Service when I booked the room that ALL Spa services were included with the cost of the cabin... Not true. Anything to make a sale I suppose, or horrible training of Carnival staff.

Balcony

Cabin 8A

Stained carpet and smelled like the previous guests. Overwhelming stench of body odor and the bathroom was dirty. I paid more for a Cloud 9 Spa Balcony cabin and it was exactly the same as my balcony cabin on the Liberty, except it had 2 robes and 2 pairs of slippers. It was small as expected, nothing that justified the increased price I paid. Utterly disappointing!

3 Helpful Votes