• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin: Standard Inside

I choose a transatlantic cruise onboard the magnificent QM2 which departed New York in mid June. I was looking for a complete break after a particularly hectic period and couldn’t have imagined how thoroughly revitalising the experience would end up being.

I travelled solo and was amazed at the sheer quantity and variety of things to do - along with the choice to do as much or as little as you like. A typical day for me consisted of breakfast in bed, a walk and sometimes a long sit on the Upper deck, a light buffet lunch, one of the activities in the afternoon (often a short insight tour) or a visit to the library, a workout or pool visit and then the nightly LGBT happy hour each evening at 17:00 in the Commodore Club. I’d then have a late sitting dinner in the Britannia restaurant, where the food was good restaurant quality, on an excellent table of 8 great fellow voyagers, followed by a drink or maybe a spot of roulette in the casino - and repeat!

Guests were super friendly and very sociable everywhere onboard and this was really noticeable from day 2, when people started to relax and get into the swing of the voyage. The LGBT happy hour was an absolute blast and a great way to meet like minded people - I met some fantastic people there and also stayed in touch with some of my table colleagues.

Standard Inside

Cabin IF

I booked a standard inside cabin, mid-forward on deck 11 as this was near to the observation deck. The cabin was more spacious than I expected and the bed was super comfortable. Daily service was excellent and I was happy to tip my steward $50 for the week.

3 Helpful Votes