3. Scenic Diamond
I chose this cruise to celebrate a significant birthday. I wanted Luxury and I wanted to see a bit of France without me driving there. A river cruise was the obvious choice and Scenic because I had cruised with them before and knew I would get the level of service and luxury I expected. I booked the holiday direct with Scenic It is very easy call them pick a date and an airport and they will organise everything A driver picked us up at home took us to the airport , we flew out on time . A driver in Bordeaux was waiting to take us to the ship where a cool glass of champagne was waiting. It was a very relaxing way to start the cruise. The cabin was very nice compact. Plenty storage/cupboard space . We had a young lady Marietta who looked after our room and was very pleasant. The food; the self service breakfast and lunch was very good. Different selection every day and plenty to eat. Dinner was table service and was usually several small courses allowing you to sample many types of food. There were two other tables where you were invited to dine.at least once during your stay. They were of the same standard just a slightly different menu and wine pairing. Dress code; it shoes as relaxed although they did have to evenings of cocktails with the captain. A few people did dress in evening suit and bow ties. Most were smart casual in shirts with or without a tie and flannels. Ladies were smart casual. Entertainment; was provided most nights and varied from a disco to a classical quartet. Bar staff were all lovely and we could ask them to prepare our drinks to suit our personal tastes. Measures were in 40cl which I found a bit strong. Excursions; We visited several chateaus which are wine growers and not always a castle We also visited some small towns and a citadel at Braye this was my favourite place. The guide was very good and brought the place to life for me with his explanations. St Emilion was my favourite town with it's monolithic church. Most of the excursion were accompanied by an excellent guide Barbara . She was very enthusiastic about the region it's wines and history. We tried to make sure we were on her coach as she made the trip fun. This is an adult only holiday and to be fair geared for older adults as there is nothing child or teenage friendly on board except the grannies on holiday. It suited me as I fall into the older adult category . Disembarkation; We had to vacate out rooms by 8.30am and breakfast was served from 6.00 to 8.30. We then had a long wait in the lounge as our flights were at 17.00 and the airport was 40min drive. We were given a light buffet lunch at midday and we could have tea,coffee wine ect while we were on board. With this in mind I would rather have had a silly time in the morning flight rather than hanging about. We arrived at the airport in plenty time and again hanging about with your luggage till the gate opened. It was not a nice airport to fly from but it was the best option for this cruise.

See Bordeaux in style

Scenic Diamond Cruise Review by jackie.mcguinness

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Europe

jackie.mcguinness’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Diamond price drops

Our cabin was very nice. plenty storage space and very clean. We had a really good shower with 3 different shower heads and styles of shower. Clean fluffy towels and bath robes. A safe mini bar and a balcony that we could sit with a glass of wine and watch the sunset.