Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review

Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review by Laflia

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Classic

We had used Costa once and were not very pleased, the only reason we chose it again is because it was the only cruise that we found that would go to Norway on the dates we had available.

The ports of call were spectacular, enjoyed the views, the fjords, nature, falls and train rides.

It was a multicultural experience with people from a lot of nationalities.

The food was average, being vegetarian, I had usually one option on the menu. On our last cruise with Costa, in South America, the pasta was superb, so I was looking forward to that, but was very disappointed. The menu was very weird. They need an italian chef to bring good pasta.

Going to the buffet was a challenge for me because I had a walking disability and used a cane, and you had a station for fruit, another for salads, for deserts, for water, and for hot foods. So there was a lot of walking, and it was usually crowded and hard to find a place to sit.

One day I felt like eating pizza and found out that they charge for pizza! and also for ice cream! (which was a free option when we cruised with Costa before) Being from USA we were not charged for water, but the rest of the passengers had to pay.

Our server for dinner was I Nyoman Darsana from Indonesia. Great person, very polite and courteous.

The programming was average. The best shows were the acrobatics and Mimes.

The room cleanliness was average. The carpet was stained and needs to be cleaned (room 4181)

The sheets and towels in general seemed old and grayish colored.

Laflia's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Classic
Cabin BC 4181

Carpet needs shampooing. The sofa was a little worn. There was a lot of noise coming from the music below on party nights. Even with ear plugs I could hear it.

We were assigned this cabin, with the rate we paid we were not able to choose, but were happy that our view was unobstructed.

Laflia