3. Celebrity Equinox
Wife and I try to do two cruises a year. This cruise was our 2nd of the year, and our 2nd on the Equinox. We have been on this ship 3 times in the last 18 months, so we feel like we know every nook & cranny at this point. We usually sail with family, but this time it was just us celebrating our anniversary. WHY CELEBRITY? If you are reading this review, I am going to assume that you are curious about booking a Celebrity cruise. I can tell you that most of the positive things you hear from one person you will hear from many, and any complaints tend to be one-time issues that are rarely repeated. Celebrity is a sister-line of Royal Caribbean. With that being said, its nearly a complete opposite experience from Royal. The clientele is older, there are less children, smaller ships, higher staff to guest ratio, and better food/service by far. The "nightlife" and entertainment fall short of Royal Caribbean, but we knew that coming in to it. The average person on a celebrity cruise is an older couple aged 45-65 years old. With that being said, my wife and I are 26 & 30 respectively. We sail in March & June, so we do tend to see many younger couples like us who are looking for the same kind of cruise. My wife and I are not party-goers, we enjoy relaxing by the pool or sunset bar, eating wonderful food, and impeccable service. Celebrity gives us everything that a super-luxury line gives us for the same price as Carnival/Norwegian/Royal Caribbean. Our favorite part is that we can sail basically "all-inclusive". We get drinks, gratuities, OBC, & wifi all included in our booking package. I cant stand being nickel'd & dime'd on a cruise. My wife and I got off the boat owing $18 to the cruise line and we did absolutely everything we wanted to do. In fact, we at in specialty dining every night of the cruise. Its something that we will probably do from now on. THE SHIP The Equinox has become our home away from home. Its large enough to feel spacious and offer many different activities, but small enough that you dont really need a map after the 2nd day on board. The ship was recently refurbished and it felt fresh and stunning. THE DINING Let me get this out of the way... We had an issue with service in the MDR on our previous cruise in March. I am 100% convinced that it was an issue that was fixed and handled. But, we did have a lot of OBC and we love specialty dining, so we booked 7 nights at the stunning Murano. I cannot put into words how much we enjoyed this, so I wont try. But it is worth every penny and we will be doing this from now on. BARS AND LOUNGES We spent a ton of time in our two favorite places on the ship. The Sunset Bar and Ensemble Lounge. The Sunset bar is amazing at any time of the day. Its on the sundeck and at the very back of the ship. (Its also a smoking area, though we dont smoke). The Ensemble lounge is a wonderful place to hangout before dinner. We would get ready for dinner, and go sit down and have a drink & listen to live music while we waited for dinner. You have to walk through it to get to any of the specialty restaurants, so it was a no brainer for us. EMBARKATION & DISEMBARKATION It literally could not have been any easier and well organized. Its a non-issue with Celebrity. ENTERTAINMENT We have seen the major performances on past cruises, so we didnt choose to see them again. We did go see the two comedians and the live music. One of the comedians was fantastic, one was a train-wreck. It wasnt his fault, his material just wasnt current and it seemed better fitted for a 1960s supper club. CONCLUSION We love Celebrity, the Equinox, Captain Kate, and the Eastern Caribbean. We could not have asked for a better cruise.

This is why I am a Celebrity loyalist!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by BamaCruiser47

BamaCruiser47’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 2B 6231
6231 is the best bang for your buck balcony on the ship. Deck 6 has many partially obstructed balconies due to the lifeboats, but there are a few that are not!

This cabin is on 1 of 4 "humps" on Solstice Class ships. The lifeboats are under these cabins rather than in front of them. You pay less for deck 6, but get the same view as everywhere else.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins