• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

tello20
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin:

This was my first solo cruise and I chose Saga because I'd heard such good things about how they look after you, especially if you are travelling alone. Not so! I have no idea how many solo passengers there were because nothing was organised for us apart from a short get together in the lounge at the beginning of the cruise which not everyone attended. Meal times were especially excruciating where solos were seated with couples and not with other singles. In fact the whole thing seemed to be a shambles. I, with most of the other solo passengers, found myself wandering about the ship hoping to meet another lonely solo for some conversation. I made friends with couples mostly who seemed to feel a little sorry for me and some even took me under their wing. Overall I was very disappointed at the lack of social activity for the solo passengers, and I will never travel solo on a Saga cruise again for this reason.

The ship, my cabin, food, service, excursions and entertainment were all great, but oh how I wished that I'd had someone to share it with.

Solos beware!

My cabin was very good, but there were no subtitles on the television so it could not be used by the hard of hearing.

3 Helpful Votes