3. Allure of the Seas
This is our second trip on the Allure and our 3rd trip on the Oasis class. As a point of reference, we have also cruised on Carnival, NCL(Haven and nonHaven), and Celebrity within the last 10 years. This was a family cruise with 17 total passenger, a 21st and 13th birthday celebration, and 2 25 year anniversaries to celebrate. Let me start by saying we had a great time. Nothing negative below prevented us from enjoying the cruise and the family time. We were in a boardwalk view balcony which we had enjoyed in the past and enjoyed this time. The ship was sold out and the population was mostly families. The Good - We had the key package and embarkation and disembarkation were extremely easy and efficient. Outside of the snacks and private room the embarkation was just as easy as the Haven on NCL. The service on board was overall outstanding. Our cabin steward, waiters, bartenders, etc all seemed to be very dedicated to their jobs and worked to make our cruise easy and enjoyable. The shows were very good. I somebody in our group attended every show and there were no complaints. Mama Mia seemed to be even better than the main show on my last RCCL cruise. The aqua show is always amazing. There was a solo guitarist in the park named Will and he was fantastic with everything from classical to classic rock. We went on the Snuba shore excursion in Saint Maarten and our guide was amazing. The Bad - The itinerary was modified due to propulsion issues on the Allure(more on that later) so we had 3 full days at sea and we were only in San Juan from 7:30-1 so it was really 3.5 days at sea. The Allure is a big ship but 3.5 days is still a lot of time on the boat. The food varied from inedible to mediocre. This was the most surprising thing. The last time we sailed on RCCL was on the Oasis about 4 years ago and the food was well above average cruise food. We sent back several dishes and I don't think we ever said "wow this is really good." We ate all dinners in the MDR except one night in the Windjammer. Some family did go to Chops one night and were pleased with the quality there. The constant sales pitches are just too much now. I get the economics of a cruise but we were constantly being sold specialty dining, photos, excursions, art, etc, etc. This happened everywhere. We even got a sales pitch at the key lunch after embarkation. Our waiter tried to get us to sign up for a specialty dining offer while eating lunch. The Ugly - the Allure is well past it's rehab date. The furnishings are literally falling apart. We sat in the schooner bar and laughed because no 2 chairs had the same number of buttons. The fake leather rubbed off on your hands and shirt sleeves while sitting in the chair. The couch in our room was so stained it was hard to tell what the original color was. There was carpet peeling back from the wall in the Windjammer. The list goes on and on. The Allure is going in to dry dock next year and it seems like they are just delaying any and all maintenance until then. I don't know if it was due to the propulsion issue but all of our rooms shook and creaked more than any other room on any other ship I have been on. Our sliding glass door vibrated all night and the walls creaked like old wooden stairs. We have been in almost the same exact cabin on the same ship 6 years ago and I dont remember anything like that.

Allure of the Seas - Good, Bad, and Ugly

Toddmdfl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Boardwalk View Balcony
Cabin 2I 8327
The location is fantastic. Watch the aqua theater shows from the balcony and the central park is on the same floor so you have easy access to park central cafe and the specialty restaurants. As noted above, the furnishings and overall condition is pretty poor.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snuba
    Mich with SnubaSXM was great. He was very honest up front about the weather and visibility and even gave us a chance to back out. Once we were onsite, Mich and his team were very helpful and informative and we had a great time.