3. Celebrity Equinox
We have been on the Equinox 4 other times, and dearly love this ship! This was a wonderful cruise from the very start to the very end. Embarkation was easy and quick....you had to download the app and do the pre cruise check in, and print out the boarding pass. After you go thru the initial security, you will be greeted by a person with a tablet, and she/he scans your bar code from your app, and you are set! When they do the actual boarding, they are going to ask to see your boarding pass that you have printed out and you are well on your way to enter the ship. We went to Key West for our first stop and that was fun. We were docked at the Naval Base and could not walk around the pier, so free shuttles were offered to us to the downtown area. They also commissioned the SSBillings, while we were there as well. We also visited Costa Mayo, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman, as well. We have been on so many cruises that we no longer take excursions. We just walk around the area. The weather couldn't have been better for the whole cruise. The only rain that we had was the night before we docked back into Ft Lauderdale, and by the time we actually docked, the rain had stopped. We noticed a lot of the improvements that they have done to the ship during it's refurbishment. The ship looks great!!!! The entertainment on the ship was superb. The production shows were wonderful. If you were bored, it was your own fault. My favorite place on the ship is the Solarium. People actually go in there and claim a chair at 7am and not return till later in the day. The deckhands are finally doing something about it. They were policing them and freeing up the chairs after a certain amount of time. I was very impressed to see this being done. The food was wonderful. They had a variety of selections and loved both in the MDR and the Oceanview Cafe. The service was impeccable!!!! I heard a few people complaining about the service, but honestly, I thought it was outstanding!!!! Chris Pickard, the Capt's Club Host was fantastic. He was always visible and was around if you had any questions. We would see him at least 2 or 3 times a day at different places. He made sure that his Elites and Elite Plus' were well taken care of. This was one of the few remaining sailings for Capt. Kate McCue, before she goes to the Celebrity Edge. I have to say, she is probably one of the friendliest Captain I have ever met. She was at the Meet and Greet and also on Deck 4 for the big sale at the end of the cruise. She was always free to have a picture made with you. She was on the gangway as the everyone left the ship and shook hands and hugged each and every person that came off the ship, thanking them for sailing Celebrity!!!!!!! I have to say, this cruise was probably one of the best cruises that we have taken and we have done over 40 cruises.

Great Cruise!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by james47

james47’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 08 3106
The cabin was really nice and comfortable. Since the ship has been recently refurbished, the beds were new and they were super comfortable! They have enlarged their pillows making it even nicer. We were in Cabin 3106 and way up in the front of the ship. I was so scared that we would feel a lot of movement and rocking of the ship, but we felt absolutely nothing!
Plaza Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins