• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

amandy72
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

For some background, my dad took me (19 years old) and my brother (27 years old) on our first cruise. Since this was my brother and I’s first cruise our expectations were not high. We saw a lot of bad reviews before coming but we decided to give the cruise line a shot. All of the ports on this cruise were gorgeous and we had a good time other than the ship being delayed causing us to get off early to make our flight back to Toronto. This is a long review but I hope it helps.

Pros / SERVICE: Sheldon Dsouza the bartender and his girlfriend Maria are great! They were the best thing about the cruise! Sheldon is usually in the blue velvet lounge at night. They were also the best service we got on the ship. The ports were also beautiful.

Time of ship / Communication of workers: I have heard cruises are usually on time but this one would arrive and leave late from the ports. Two days before the cruise ended, they notified us we would get into our last port late causing us to miss our flight. There was not much help from reception at all to help us figure something out and what we should do. We ended up getting off a day early, in Croatia. We dropped about $1400 on plane tickets to Venice so we could catch our flight from Venice to Toronto. Reception told us all we had to do was go to deck 4 and ask where immigration was. But nobody knew and was just sending us to different people.

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin B1

We had an oceanview balcony. It was small for three people but the balcony helped with getting air into the room. Our fridge did not work though; we let them know and they came two days later. We just wanted the fridge to keep our own water cooler but keeping it out in the room kept it colder than the fridge.

Port Reviews

Venice

Did a gondola (not with the cruise line) but we loved it. Beautiful city.

Brindisi

Cute little city.

Katakolon (Olympia)

Half the price. There are signs around the ruins explaining what everything was

Mykonos

Cute city.

Athens (Piraeus)

Hot day, no food included but beautiful city.

Sarande

Not much to do other than cheap alcohol

2 Helpful Votes