• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin: Concierge Class 3
Traveled with children

After reading reviews of all the lines serving Alaska, I chose Celebrity because I thought it would offer great service and dining, along with enough activities to keep my 10 year old grandson engaged. I also did not want a megaship offering too many on-board activities as I wanted him to be interested in the excursions of the port cities and not want to stay on board. I also wanted to fly in/out of Seattle and wanted four ports.

Embarkation and disembarkation were both smooth. Crew members were helpful.

We booked Concierge class. It would have been helpful to receive a list of perks. We did not have robes or binoculars in the room when we arrived although our wonderful steward brought them to us when asked. We also had a welcome lunch on embarkation, a concierge dedicated to just this class and a couple of special events we were invited to. When we booked, our fare was not much different than a regular balcony room but I'm not sure how much this class was actually worth.

Concierge Class 3

Cabin C3

The cabins are identical whether in concierge or general. The only difference is a foot rest on the balcony and a better showerhead. There was plenty of storage for the three of us. I did utilize several suggestions I googled for what to bring on board--I found an over the door shoe bag was great to store a lot of toiletries and odds & ends. Also used magnets and magnet hooks to put up paper, notes, hats & jackets on the walls. Our cabin was in good condition. And the common areas of the ship are beautiful and well-maintained. Everything is impeccably clean. And our steward, Alvin, couldn't do enough for us.

12 Helpful Votes