3. Norwegian Breakaway
We had a great trip on the Breakaway. Normally I just read reviews, and never provide them -- but since I spent so much time researching on cruise critic I decided i should 'pay it forward' and provide a review too! Ship is beautiful. It is very well laid out -- where most of the entertainment and restaurants are on the 5th-8th deck. This made it very easy to navigate around the ship. Our cabin was on the 14th floor, which was great because it was just one flight of stairs up to the pool area and garden cafe (buffet). We had an easy time getting on the ship (however there is a lot of walking , so if you have any family members that have problems walking a mile, be sure to arrange assistance). Disembarking the ship was a breeze! Much better than I anticipated. Pros: Lay out of the ship, staff was very good and friendly. We had the drink package and specialty dining package. I'm not sure if it was a great value, but it was awesome to be able to grab a drink and not worry about it. Ship was clean and well decorated. Cons: If you are an avid fitness fan, you may be disappointed. The Jogging track is small (12 laps = a mile) and to make things worse it is on a part of the ship that is essentially a necessary throughway to get to another area of the ship. Hence there were always people strolling along on the track - I can't blame them they needed to walk there to go to where they needed to go, but very poor planning on the ship design. I poked my head into the gym area... was crowded with machines and there did not appear to be any 'floor area' to stretch /yoga, do free weights. All I saw was machines. Kids club did not work out for us. I have 11 year old that was worried about being with little kids. When we checked in we were assured that would not be the case b/c the 10-12 year olds would have separate program. So of course the first time she checked in ,she was in a group of 3-12 year olds. When she sent me an SOS , I came and got her. So she was literally there less than one hour. When I picked her up and asked about it I was told this was b/c it was a port day and on port days the kids are all together. This really is not ok in my mind. Most 11 year olds do not want to play with random 3-4 year olds. My daughter refused to go back. Dining was good. We ate breakfast almost every day at the Garden cafe. With one exception, it was generally not too crowed. We did have breakfast at Jimmy Buffet restaurant one day, it was nice because of the view and not crowded, but the selection was very limited compared to the Garden cafe. For our specialty dining we went to Teppanyaki, Cagney's and La Cucina. All were very good, but Cagney's was the stand out. OMG- so good! We also ate at Taste, Savor, Manhattan Room and O'Sheehans. The first 3 serve most of the same stuff. All was good. Service was generally great. I would definitely cruise on Norwegian again on the Breakaway. We were actually concerned about the large size of the ship, but it was actually quite manageable. Loved it!

Wonderful Vacation!

Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 14808
Nice room with corner balcony , which provided a little extra room. We had 4 in our cabin (2 teens). Sofa turned in to a bed for one of them, and then a murphy bed comes down from the ceiling for the 4th. Looked like bunk beds. This was actually a good set up . We had 4 in a cabin on Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the seas, and sleeping area for all 4 of us was on the ground, which resulted in literally no space to move about the cabin. Breakaway set up for 4 people was much better and tolerable. Still small, but tolerable.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Harvest Caye
    We rented a beach villa. Big splurge! But since we had 8 people was essentially $100 pp. The closest thing to paradise. Seriously! Service was great. My only complaint was that for some reason (never explained to us) we were 2 hours late getting into port. Which means instead of getting off the ship at 8, we did not get off until 11 - which means we missed out on 3 hours of paradise. There was no offer of compensation/reimbursement.
    View All 1,183 Harvest Caye Cruise Port Reviews