3. Celebrity Equinox
My husband and I decided to cruise on the Celebrity Equinox because it had great reviews and was named one of the top cruise ships. We cruised 7 days out of Fort Lauderdale. The ship is huge and beautiful. The main dining room was elegent and perfect. The staff and crew on the ship was friendly and helpful. we had 1st class service through the duration of our trip. However, the activities offered on board is vey limited. Each day we would get an agenda with the days activities delivered to our cabin and was disappointed in what was offered. Most activities were not included and had an additional charge. Most of what was offered was just a ploy to get you to spend more money. There was a "Jewelry Making Class" that I attended. The agenda stated that guests would learn the craft of jewelry making and then take those skills to create their own unique piece of jewelry. We showed up for the class and was brought to a display case with pandora-type charms and bracelets. The "jewelry Making Class" was to pick out a charm and put it on a bracelet, this was their idea of making jewelry. Of course the price of the charm and bracelet were an additional charge. The ship had art and jewelry auctions that were absolutely ridiculous. All pieces had an outrageous reserve price. There is good information about Park West art auctions on the internet and I would highly advise anyone taking a cruise to read the stories and reviews. My husband and I felt like the entire cruise we were pressured into buying something "extra." We were also bombarded daily with crew members trying to sell us drink or dining packages. We were basically harrassed at dinner daily with by waiter trying to sell us bottles of wine. I overheard a group of kids complaining about the lack of activities and how unhappy they were. I totally agree with them, this cruise is not for kids. My overall opinion of Celebrity is not very positive. We were rather disappointed in our cruise and will try a different cruise line next year.

Beautiful ship, but lacking in onboard activities

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by MollyLou