3. Carnival Sunrise
My wife and I decided to take our three kids on a cruise. This was my first cruise and my wife had been on a couple many years ago. Our kids are 7, 10, and 11. I'll work from cruise start to finish so I don't miss anything. We loaded into the ship at NYC port. The load in wasn't bad at all until we reached the buffet on the Lido deck. That is when we realized that we weren't alone on this cruise LOL. There were people everywhere!!! The buffet line was LONG and once you got some food, there were absolutely no seats available unless you stood by a table waiting for a family to get up. Once we finally found a seat after walking around for 5 minutes with 3 young boys, we started to eat and lets just say the food was less than desirable. Thursday night was our first night and I think we made the most of a disgustingly overcrowded ship. Friday morning rolls around and we are greeted with some annoying voice over the PA system waking us up with things to do. Once we we got out of our room, we went to the Lido deck for some lounge and pool action... Sadly, there were absolutely no lounge chairs for us to sit. The boys ran to the teeny, tiny disgusting pool and my wife and I stood around in disbelieve. There are too many people on this cruise ship. When walked to the pool in the rear of the boat, we found that the layout of the pool caused massive bottlenecks. Shirtless people with tons of lotion bumping into me because there is little room to move from the front to back of boat on the Lido deck is not what I envisioned when booking this cruise. When I went to speak with customer care desk, I waited in yet another line only to hear that maybe cruises aren't right for me ..... lol... The woman actually said that its possible that the cruise ship is great and I am just not the "cruise type" LMAO. Saturday was nice in Bermuda. My family and I had a nice day snorkeling and hanging on beach. When we got back on the boat we decided to go to the ropes course and play some basketball with the boys. Sadly, the basketball court was packed with 20 people. The ropes course was great for the kids but the two staff were terrible. The man was talking with some guy right next to my 7 year old son while he waited in line to get a harness. The woman behind was talking to another participant. I told my son to start getting his harness on since nobody was there to help at which time the woman started yelling at my son and I. Do your job and you wouldn't have this issue. When my son was done, he cam down the stairs with 7-8 other people and they got yelled at for coming down the "wrong stairs". She said she had instructed everyone prior to the ropes course and my son didn't listen. Well, seems like everyone didn't listen or you didn't explain properly. Sunday was filled with more of the same nonsense. Lines, bottlenecks, and swimming pools that saw more people than water. The pools were absolutely disgusting. If your kid can't swim, rather than stick them in the pool with a massive life jacket, keep him out of the pool. Must have been 30 kids with giant yellow vests on. lol Monday was a day for exiting the cruise. The buffet was opened and then closed and the dining room closed early as well. We sat with our bags in a shuttered bar on the 5th floor and waited about 2 hours to leave the ship. I could be wrong but it seems like they could have made our last couple hours on the cruise a bit more enjoyable. I am sorry to say but this cruise was not good. Not sure we will ever try another cruise again.

Overcrowding, bottlenecks and teeny, tiny pools.

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review by dstrock

Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Sunrise price drops

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A 1051
Too small for a family of 5. This was false advertising when we booked. Would never have booked if we would have known how small the cabins were.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins