3. Anthem of the Seas
I have sailed on Norwegian, Carnival and Royal Caribbean. By far RCCL is my favorite. Excellent service, great food, activities and entertainment. On this cruise we booked a balcony (#8572) and was able to book all our meals, activities and shows (The Gift, Spectra, We Will Rock You) ahead of time on the cruise planner. We were also able to book another viewing of We Will Rock You while on board through the app. Entertainment: All the shows were fantastic and started on time. Although I really did not know the story line to The Gift, I really found the performers to be quite talented. Spectra’s Cabaret did not disappoint and we saw We Wil Rock you twice! Schooners Bar also provided great piano/vocals and acoustic guitar. Comedians were very enjoyable and age appropriate. We also had a surprise performance by ReVoiced (acapella group). All in all, we enjoyed live entertainment every day. Food: We enjoyed most our meals in the Windjammer and especially liked all the options! Regional meals were exceptional. We also had dinner in the main dining rooms and found those meals just as good as at the Windjammer. Beverages: We chose the refreshment package and enjoyed frozen mocktails, soft drinks, juices, bottled water and Starbucks coffee and lattes the entire cruise. Not all the refill stations were up and running, so we just went to a nearby bar for refills. Room: We booked an ocean view balcony (#8572) with Josie as our steward. Josie was absolutely wonderful. I requested a contour pillow (which she provided) and she always kept our ice bucket full. She also made sure we had clean wine glasses each day. Our bathroom was immaculate and our room always tidy and clean. She respected our privacy and always seemed to be right there when we needed her. Josie you rock! Activities: We participated in a scheduled wine tasting (5 samples, but I found the samples to be small) and we had scheduled the All Access Tour of the ship, but cancelled a couple days ahead of time due to one of us not having long pants. Make sure you have long pants or at least pants that go past your knees! It was no problem to cancel and we were given a credit. Embarkation/Disembarkation: We traveled from New Haven, Connecticut via Amtrak to Penn Station Newark and then an Uber (Uber XL $17) to port. Embarkation was a breeze. Dropped off our bags, checked in and was on board within 30 minutes. We headed to the Windjammer and had lunch at 11:30. Our room was not ready until 1:30 after lunch we relaxed in Two70’s with a frozen mocktail and got to know the IQ App. Disembarkation was not has short as embarkation. We had the mindset to expect lines so we were not surprised that it took longer. It was about 45 minutes to disembark and go through US Customs. It was another 30 minutes to wait for an Uber (Uber XL $19 due to traffic) and then another 20 minute ride to Penn Station Newark. Fitness: Walked on the outdoor track nearly every morning with the exception of 2 mornings when it was too windy. I also went to the fitness center each day. Very clean facility and no wait on any equipment.

Great trip!