Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by slavens_09

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Porthole

Okay this is my second cruise. My first was 10 years ago on the Carnival Ecstasy. I booked this cruise 2 weeks out mostly because I wanted to experience a Fantasy class ship again and it was a port that you can drive to from Kansas. Yes this ship is old and yes she does show some signs of age but she is still a great value for the price and a good looking old ship.

I stayed in cabin R3 its a porthole room on the bottom passenger deck. It was a great room! Super big and the portholes offered good light and the same price as an interior. My Steward Budi was awesome. He serviced my room twice a day as I asked and also made sure I always had ice.

The food on the ship was great! Everything I ordered in the MDR was cooked how I liked and tasted very good. Service was slow at times but for the most part it was a very good experience. Lines for things like Guys and Blue Iguana were always manageable and not to long.

The shows on the ship were very good. Motor City was the best of the shows but all were good. The playlist staff does a really awesome job. The comedy club had some great guys in the there and were very funny and interactive with the crowd.

slavens_09's Full Rating Summary

Porthole
Cabin PT R3

This cabin was very nice. It was very good sized compared to most cabins on the ship. It had two porthole windows which gave nice light. The only noise you hear is from the crew that are walking from the crew stairs just down the hall and when they are using the bow thrusters when docking.

Beach

Beach was not what I expected. I understand that they are having a lot of problems with the seaweed washing on shore but the water was not clear and blue it was green and not real clear. Bar was open and unlimited and the drinks were good.

slavens_09