Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by DLynnFunCruise
- Sail Date: July 2019
- Destination: Alaska
- Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
What we liked:
* Mini-balcony - love love loved our room. For us, the extra space in the bathroom was much appreciated. We spent hours on the balcony watching the exquisite scenery go by and kept our door open a bit each night to hear the ocean while we slept.
* Food options - we're not buffet people, although we did take advantage of the small buffet option in the Observation lounge in the mornings. We like Norwegian because of its well developed specialty dining program. Our favorites were Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Food Republic. (Teppanyaki was ok but too much food/too loud for us.)
* Amazing views and scenery. We weren't looking for excursions (been there/done that).
* lovely service - service in all areas, from room steward to restaurants was respectful and sincere.
* Observation Lounge - amazing views, comfortable seating, plus snacks & bar all day long.
* embarkation/debarkation - about as easy as it gets, and we didn't have any standing to give us a special line or other edge.
* activities. we were mostly interested in relaxing on our own and watching the scenery go by. But if we had wanted to play games or take part in other activities, we could have: something for everyone it seems!
What we didn't care for:
* The bed was too firm (but we managed)
* Shows - definitely amateur hour, but what do you want "for free"? My husband was more ok with it than I was. I wouldn't waste my time on that again!
* Internet package - the minutes in the package are only good for one device. I would've chosen a different freebie if I had realized this - maybe that's my bad.
* No thermal spa. I probably wouldn't go on this ship again just because I love the thermal spa for this particular trip (Alaska). The facilities on this ship are laughable and not in sync with all of the other amenities.
* Breakfast timing/brunch - while we loved getting a pot of coffee delivered to us (gratis) each morning, we wish there were one restaurant on board that would serve breakfast all day. We heard others comment on this, too, especially on sea days - where's the brunch option??
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Ketchikanjust got off to walk & stretch our legs.View All 1,764 Ketchikan Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Ketchikan Cruise Port Review
SeattleWe used to live in the area, so we didn't really spend a lot of time "touring" although we did stay at the Grand Hyatt and met friends for dinner at Il Bistro. Recommend both of those!View All 822 Seattle Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Seattle Cruise Port Review