3. Norwegian Joy
My husband and I have been on various itineraries of Alaskan cruises (Holland America, Celebrity, Norwegian). This ship is sparkling clean and beautiful and it rarely feels "jam packed" despite carrying so many people. What we liked: * Mini-balcony - love love loved our room. For us, the extra space in the bathroom was much appreciated. We spent hours on the balcony watching the exquisite scenery go by and kept our door open a bit each night to hear the ocean while we slept. * Food options - we're not buffet people, although we did take advantage of the small buffet option in the Observation lounge in the mornings. We like Norwegian because of its well developed specialty dining program. Our favorites were Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Food Republic. (Teppanyaki was ok but too much food/too loud for us.) * Amazing views and scenery. We weren't looking for excursions (been there/done that). * lovely service - service in all areas, from room steward to restaurants was respectful and sincere. * Observation Lounge - amazing views, comfortable seating, plus snacks & bar all day long. * embarkation/debarkation - about as easy as it gets, and we didn't have any standing to give us a special line or other edge. * activities. we were mostly interested in relaxing on our own and watching the scenery go by. But if we had wanted to play games or take part in other activities, we could have: something for everyone it seems! What we didn't care for: * The bed was too firm (but we managed) * Shows - definitely amateur hour, but what do you want "for free"? My husband was more ok with it than I was. I wouldn't waste my time on that again! * Internet package - the minutes in the package are only good for one device. I would've chosen a different freebie if I had realized this - maybe that's my bad. * No thermal spa. I probably wouldn't go on this ship again just because I love the thermal spa for this particular trip (Alaska). The facilities on this ship are laughable and not in sync with all of the other amenities. * Breakfast timing/brunch - while we loved getting a pot of coffee delivered to us (gratis) each morning, we wish there were one restaurant on board that would serve breakfast all day. We heard others comment on this, too, especially on sea days - where's the brunch option??

Good ship, good food, good fun

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by DLynnFunCruise

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

What we liked:

What we didn't care for:

* The bed was too firm (but we managed)

DLynnFunCruise’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Joy price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 12830
Our room was awesome - perfect for two people who don't pack lightly. We had a ton of storage space that we didn't even use. Balcony was large enough to comfortably seat us (and could have accommodated another one or two people). We lucked out and didn't have loud neighbors - that's the only downside on the balcony. The temperature was fine and easy to adjust in the room. We especially loved the spacious bathroom - two sinks and a wonderful spa shower and room to move around. Our steward was wonderful, friendly, and really took care of us without interrupting the flow of our vacation. Loved room service breakfast - sipping coffee on the balcony :-)
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins