3. Oasis of the Seas
Okay, the good news: yes, it is a cruise. Yes, there is plenty of good food. Yes, the rooms are cool, dark, and comfortable. Yes, the port logistics are pretty solid. Also, the Coastal Kitchen still very much rocks. Now, the nit-picky things: - The Oasis is really starting to show her age, as most of the surfaces in guest rooms are quite warn. - The 14 floor is LOUD. You hear chairs scraping throughout the night if there is wind. You hear herds of teanagers stomping back and forth. Sleep works if you are a pretty sound sleeper. - The fitness center constantly smelled of cigarette smoke, due to bad ventilation. And now, the ugly: - The staff was much more curt than I am used to. I'm not sure if it's a European thing or not, but there was a constant tone of disdain and annoyance from everyone except from housekeeping and the waitstaff. For example, the concierge was even testy with me. And as someone who went with 2 suites, I would have expected then to actually want my business a bit more. There is of course the endless nickel and dining. But that's now in the category of "to be expected". But then there is some really lame ones -- for example, the shuttle to town in Marseille was 10 Euros per person, with your other option of staying on the boat. The transfer to the airport is very overpriced. It's a bus, and it cost us 80 Euros for the transfer. I paid in advance, because I thought my luggage would magically get to the airport in our cab. But, I carried our luggage, and rode a bus. Total rip off, since there were Taxis galore. Overall, I may do a cruise again with RC, buy not anytime soon.

A little older, a little ruder, but overall good

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Taliver

Now, the nit-picky things:

And now, the ugly:

Overall, I may do a cruise again with RC, buy not anytime soon.
Taliver’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom
Cabin GS 14660
A little warn down. You can certainly hear the noise from the pool deck, as you are nearly under the wipeout cafe. The room is a good layout, but the lights are getting a little finicky on the controls.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins