• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

RnDGravenstein
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin: Aqua Class

I chose this cruise because it fit our schedule. It was a 'last minute' decision to replace a postponed Japan trip. Neither my husband nor I have been to Alaska and this was also our very first cruise. My husband and I don't have kids and are looking for a quiet environment with the best food. Celebrity was the cruise line that I found (based on research) to best fit these categories that also had a price that we were willing to pay for.

I opted for the AquaClass due to the feedback I've seen here at Cruise Critic and some other research I've done. Neither me nor my husband like going to a spa, but I was looking forward to Blu - its the only reason why I picked AquaClass. The SuiteClass was a bit too pricey so AquaClass was the best we could afford. I also booked kind of late - about 30 days before the ship date.

TRANSPORTATION:

Aqua Class

Cabin A1

OUR CABIN: Deck 9 Room 062

Just like the cruise employee had told us, our room/cabin keys were all packaged up in a nice small envelope with our excursion tickets. The cabin itself was smaller than I thought but again, this is our first cruise so its not like I have anything to compare it with. I am 5 ft (flat) and my husband is 6'5" with a wing span of 6'6" so I was skeptical whether he would be comfortable in the shower - but he survived with the occasional "outch!" or "dammit!" when he would hit his elbows on the shower walls. I read from reviews that the Millennium ship had gone through a renovation and it really looked new. It was very clean and smelled nice. We had an unopened welcome sparkling wine and a pitcher of cold iced tea as well as two bottled water. A couple of hours later, there was a knock on our door with a plate of hors d'oeuvres. The plate had shrimp, cheese and fruits. A couple minutes later, another knock on the door, but this time it was our main room service person (Gusti!!!!). He asked us if we needed anything or if the room is to our liking. He also reminded us of the mandatory safety presentation and gave us specific instructions on how to get to the meeting area. I was also a bit worried as I found out a couple of days after booking that our cabin is right under the pool deck. So I was afraid we're going to be rudely awakened by the noise of the crew cleaning or people stomping, but it was fairly quiet the whole week, so I was worried for nothing.

Port Reviews

Ketchikan

Could not find anything interesting on the available excursions and the town was really small and all you could do was either shop or eat.

Vancouver

We went straight to the airport.

8 Helpful Votes