• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Norwegian Pearl Review

Editor Rating
6 Awards

Wish it had gone everywhere

Review for Norwegian Pearl to the Mediterranean
APGme
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Traveled with children

You know how you really look forward to something, I mean, you get excited... You spend a bundle, prepare, hype it up... Well, don’t do that if you are taking a Norwegian Cruise. They don’t care about you, and if you have problems and try to contact them...they’ll ignore you. They’ve ignored me. They ruined the trip of a lifetime, and didn’t even care enough to answer my numerous contacts to guest relations. Sadly, the ship failed me. We missed 4 ports. The vacation was ok, until it wasn’t. It really should have been more than ok. Even before the electrical problems that stopped us in Barcelona, everything was just so-so. The room was mostly clean, the food was mostly good. The activities were nice, the bars (only had soda so cannot rate alcohol purchases) were good. Overall the ship was, like I said OK. For the money, I’d highly recommend finding something else. The food buffet was pretty good. The dining room like slightly upgraded cafeteria food. The staff members were pretty good. The entertainment staff were by far the most friendly. Activities were fun, so was Bingo. The excursions were below average, excursions taken on other cruise lines were way more comprehensive and interactive. In general, I’d recommend Carnival over Norwegian. I would never cruise Norwegian again, and sadly, my friends all agree as they’ve had their own bad experiences. Never, ever go with a company that won’t even follow up. Pure scam. Particularly since I’ve contacted guest relations twice, and have not heard a word. It shows me Norwegian cares absolutely nothing for their passengers. Do yourself a favor and avoid Norwegian like the plague.

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

Not that clean, obstructed but still very nice view.

Port Reviews

Lisbon

OK

Amsterdam

Just an airport transfer, but it was smooth

Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

Cancelled

Monaco (Monte Carlo)

Cancelked

Florence (Livorno)

Cancelled (yes another port cancelled- 4 in all).

3 Helpful Votes