3. Celebrity Equinox
Wife and I decided to book cruise since the Hard Rock vacation didn’t turnout very good last year at Punta Cana with her getting bad sick. As title says this was our 1st so nothing to compare to other than resorts we stayed at. Overall it was a very good vacation. Our room attendant was top notch along with our waiters in the dining room we ate dinner at. I’ll just give review step be step as I remember it. Flew from MSY to FLL where Celebrity people where waiting on us to bus us to ship. All went well except bus driver was annoying about getting tips for loading luggage. Luggage went straight from bus to rooms which was nice except again the guys moving them seem like something bad could happen to them if they didn’t get tipped. Once on the ship I thought the breakfast, lunch and dinner were pretty good to be serving that many people. We even loved the hamburgers and hotdogs served by the pool and ate lunch there several times. We bought the drink package which we didn’t drink as much as I figured we would. Think we got to drunk the first couple days and calmed way down after that. We never tried any of the restaurants that cost extra but I heard some people saying they were better than what the normal dining was but we were fine with it. The majority of the crew were very hard workers and were very professional compared to resorts we stayed in before. I thought the pools would be bigger but most people rather laying around them which the ship had lots of chairs in the sun and under shade roofs which was very nice. Only complaint was the bed/chairs around the pool are packed so tight it hard getting in and out of them. The crew in this area done a very good job but there were two taller blacks guys working the upper pool deck bar being aggressive for tips. We tipped around $150 to the staff but when people act this way they get nothing from us. Now that I think about it they were the only staff members we didn’t like so that’s pretty good for that many people. We went to several shows that were very good especially compared to some of the resort shows we been to but maybe not what you would see at a nice Casino we have on the Mississippi coast but these were free without being a big gambler. We upgraded to a room with balcony and it was nice to be able to sit outside. Room was bigger than I expected and in very good shape with a nice bathroom. We have a smaller cruise scheduled with friends in February that we will have an interior room so will know more then if it was worth it. I booked straight from Celebrity and the only thing I was misled about was the dress code. I understood her as there would be a couple dinners that people dressed up for and the rest were nice casual clothes so we were thinking nice shorts and golf shirt or something. After being there I find out they don’t want you sitting at the bars in shorts except if your outside by the pool. I guess everyone already new this but we didn’t so we packed completely wrong. I am fine if that is what is expected but the people booking these need to let us first timers know. We didn’t do any of the excursions because most are not worth the money we have done in the past so elected to just visit the areas on our own. First stop was Key West which is really nice and we rented a motor scooter and had a good time on it exploring the island. I rented it for the whole day and should have just done four hours because in the afternoon it’s packed and hot in the traffic. Next stop was Costa Maya which if you not going on excursions to see the ruins or something I would hang out at the pool. The people at the shops will aggravate you continually to buy something in their shop. They will give you something free and want to see your sea pass. They must be able to charge against it some how and it’s tied to your credit card. I would keep sea pass in your pocket when your not on the ship. Cruise lines should warn about this if they can charge you like that. I may be wrong but why do they insist at seeing it. Next stop was Cozumel which was nice you take a taxi to town for $8 for two people. Lots of shops selling the normal tourist stuff but we finally had enough of them trying to pull you in their shops so we went back to the ship pretty early. Some people said it depends on where you go but we had no idea and just got out where taxi stopped. One couple was saying it’s fun to rent car and drive around island but the way they drive I would be afraid of being in an accident in Mexico. Next stop was Costa Maya which was best place of all. People in the shops didn’t pressure you and they had public beach to hang out on with the best water you could imagine. The stops in Mexico you had to pay for the excursion to beach unless you knew how to get to public beach which it wasn’t advertised on the ship. Also Mexico had a lot of sea grass washing in but the water is beautiful. Next back to Fort Lauderdale and the only issue we had was they got us off ship early then we had to wait till our number came up to get luggage were there were no bathrooms. I suggest carrying your on luggage off so you get off first. We were not told we could do this but many people did. We paid for transportation from airport to ship and back at the end of cruise and the only thing we had trouble with is the bus was not marked on which one we were supposed to be on so had to walk around asking different drivers. But overall we had a very good vacation and would book with Celebrity again. This review is all over the place but I’m sitting in airport waiting on flight and figured I should try and help someone out that never cruised before.

1st Cruise Vacation

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Mccm122

Mccm122’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 2B 7303
Very impressed with the room layout and size. We did have one problem when the commode would not flush the all the sudden the water came on by itself and overflowed. Had a little issue with language barrier with the night shift guy cleaning up but we called and they sent him back with chemicals to clean the floor. I would have thought I would have been talked to by a dayshift supervisor since we had to call three times to get everything back in order and lost a bunch of sleep.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins