3. Norwegian Pearl
Let me start with the good: we had a Jr. suite and I thought the cabin was great as was the steward service. Nothing like sitting in a balcony enjoying the sea around you. The ship was in general very clean. Another thing I liked was the food options: being vegan I thought it would be challenging, but the crew tried to accommodate and I had multiple options at every meal. Entertainment was ok with a couple of standouts like the ballroom couple, they were magnificent. We also LOVED the parties and the cruise director Scott. Now to the not so good: First of all, the lack of free drinkable water. The one that was served in restaurants was so chlorinated and of such poor quality that my family couldn’t drink it. Come on, Norwegian! Water filters are not so expensive! The alternative was to shed off $50 for 20 bottles, which we had to do multiple times. The pool on our ship was a joke, given we had close to 1000 people on the ship. It was tiny and deep, and always crowded. So my kids haven’t used it a single time, such a disappointment! Lastly, the spa- avoid at any cost!!! First of all, the quality of services is below average. I had a massage and a pedicure. Massage was in an icy cold room, with a massagist that never heard my wishes, we were booked at the end of the day and were rushed out at the end without given a chance to use amenities. And this is for $300! Crazy!!! Later in the cruise the put fliers for reduced services and some deals, so if you are set to go at least wait till day 3 or 4. The pedicure was ok until the lady cut into my finger despite me saying multiple times that it hurt. I had an infection on my toe for the rest of the cruise. That pedicure was $120! In all, I enjoyed the experience of being so close to the sea,l while traveling, but would probably either try a different cruise company or opt for land

Lots of great, but a couple of major fallbacks

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Tatzhuk