• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

egkahn13
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin:

We all have heard wonderful stories about travelling in Alaska and seen many stunning pictures of glaciers and breaching whales. But until you experience Alaska up close and in person, you cannot sense the extreme wilderness and serenity of Alaska. And the only way to experience it is on a small craft. That is why sailing on the 100-person Lindblad/Nat Geo Quest was perfect. Big, daunting cruise lines passed us by as the Quest dipped into bays and channels those big ships could not get close to. Every day held a new surprise – whales upon whales, brown bears walking the beach, sea otters snacking among the seaweed, sea lions barking on the rocks, and seals floating on bits of icebergs. Quest was equipped with kayaks and zodiacs that provided an even more intimate experience of closeness with nature. Magical.

My husband and I are independent travelers. Sailing on the 100-person Quest was perfect. We had about 5 naturalists on board, including 2 underwater divers who filmed underwater sea-life. And if you are interested in photography, there were professionals to provide guidance and top-end equipment to test out.

The voyage was smooth, and the ship extremely quiet, even under sail. I don’t recall the last time I slept so well. For 7 days, we travelled with like-minded people interested in nature and our ecosystem. I would definitely go on another Lindblad/Nat Geo cruise again.

On our voyage upon the Quest, we opted for a Category 3 cabin, where two twin beds were converted into a very comfortable queen. There was ample room for stowing all that was brought on-board, and our luggage fit nicely under the bed, out of the way. The bathroom was more than accommodating and larger than I expected, with ample room to store all toiletries. In the morning, it was breathtaking when the curtains of the big picture windows were opened, revealing a captivating world.

3 Helpful Votes