3. Viking Astrild
we chose the cruise as we had not been on the Elbe River. We knew that there had been problems with low water in 2018 but we thought July would be okay, but it was not. A week before the cruise we were told that we would board another cruise boat & be bused to another one down river for the remainder of our tour. We could have cancelled the tour but decided to go with it anyway. There were about 35 passengers onboard which made for an intimate experience. I recommend to not book a cruise past May. The Elbe is a wild river with no locks to hold water so cruises are dependent on the amount of rain. Food was mostly good with sparking wine at breakfast. We will receive a 50% voucher for a future cruise to compensate us for the non cruise experience. The ship is smaller than others with only 2 levels . I spoke to a couple were not notified that the boat would not move until they arrived at the ship. Viking was sending email to my travel companion but not me. When I asked that I receive emails I was rudely informed that it was not possible! I did not see an elevator.

A Cruise Boat that did Not Move

Jerry of San Francisco’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Astrild price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 211
The room was surprisingly small but comfortable. Decorated nicely. Bathroom small but quite serviceable. We were upgraded from the 1st floor to the 2nd floor with a window that opened & twice the size of the 1st floor cabins..
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins