3. Celebrity Millennium
I choose this cruise line in part because it touted a great children's program. I thought I had investigated the details but when I got there the cost or the Kids at Sea was $6 extra an hour which was not at all advertised in the Celebrity materials. The person at the sign in desk said, among other things, "We have computer games, Minecraft and Fortnight." Of course my 10 year old was all excited and wanted to spend his cruise time there. $6 an hour for the kids to play computer games????? We take them on a cruise to get them away from the electronics! The Alaska cruise had NO heated pool outside and it was COLD. No one was in the outside pools and the indoor pool was open to children only from 4-7PM. I think for the price you pay for a cruise the ship should be able to afford to heat one pool especially if there are children on board. The only kids activity my child took part in was "Dodge Ball for ages 10-14"---When we got there the activity director invited the adults that were playing basketball to join in the fun. There was no mention of anything like "below the waist." Adults and teenagers were aiming at each other's heads while the children were just in the way. My child was hit hard in the chest with an adult elbow that was trying to avoid a head hit. Fortunately at that point he wanted to leave. I will likely choose a different line next time.

Kids program

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Beckyspen

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

I will likely choose a different line next time.
Beckyspen’s Full Rating Summary