• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Carnival Breeze Review

Editor Rating
13 Awards

Great family trip but I found Carnival Breeze lacking.

Review for Carnival Breeze to the Eastern Caribbean
apierson23
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jul 2019
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children

I went on a family reunion cruise with 11 of my family members with 3 rooms being balconies and the other three inside cabins. We picked the Breeze for the family vibe and the islands and it was a good trip but Carnival had its ups and downs.

Pros

The food was very good. We especially liked the dinners in the hall and the specialty burger, bbq and tacos places. The buffet was perfectly acceptable but there could have been a few more to keep the lines down. Nobody got sick from the food so I consider that a good cruise.

Balcony

This was my first experience with cruising with a balcony and it was hit or miss. The price for the balcony was an extra $300 so I did have high expectations. The view was spectacular and it was nice to sit out on the balcony but it is so small you really don't spend that much time out there. The room was clean and a nice size but my biggest complaint was the constant banging of the doors at all hours of the day. The sea doors are very heavy and they really slam if you don't hold them all the way shut. People around us had no consideration for others and they would run in and out of their room and slam would go the door. I didn't notice very much noise on past cruises.

Port Reviews

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

Seemed nice but with the recent deaths we decided to just stay in the Carnival controlled area and didn't eat or drink on the island. Would have been nice to go to another port while the issue was getting resolved.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Didn't do anything

San Juan

Loved walking around old town San Juan!

Find a Carnival Breeze Cruise from $289