Carnival Breeze Cruise Review
1,286 Reviews

Great family trip but I found Carnival Breeze lacking.

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by apierson23

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I went on a family reunion cruise with 11 of my family members with 3 rooms being balconies and the other three inside cabins. We picked the Breeze for the family vibe and the islands and it was a good trip but Carnival had its ups and downs.

Pros

The food was very good. We especially liked the dinners in the hall and the specialty burger, bbq and tacos places. The buffet was perfectly acceptable but there could have been a few more to keep the lines down. Nobody got sick from the food so I consider that a good cruise.

The drinks were tasty and we enjoyed a couple fish bowls at the Red Frog bar through out the cruise. Lots of booze and worth the money (especially if you go during the half price times).

The photographers were excellent and there was a ton of different back drops and places to get our family pictures done. Photos were A+.

The $5 onboard app made it very convenient to plan where people wanted to go which would have been a nightmare on past cruises.

Cons

The pools were terrible! I'm use to a central pool which was the focal point of the boat but on the Breeze you get two tiny pools and a water slide play area. Just way too small pools for the number of people on the ship.

Lines - Lines - Lines are everywhere. The dining area is just a madhouse with kids and people everywhere. Just felt cramped and no organization which distracted from being able to relax. Getting around when everyone was on board was just crazy. And don't get me started on how packed the comedy club gets!

I typically cruise on Royal and the people on Carnival were just uncouth. Slamming doors, kids running up an down the corridors at night - just a lack of manners compared to what I experienced on Royal.

I know this ship is billed as the family boat but I'd not recommend it for anyone who has cruised before just due to the luke warm taste it left in my mouth.

apierson23's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

This was my first experience with cruising with a balcony and it was hit or miss. The price for the balcony was an extra $300 so I did have high expectations. The view was spectacular and it was nice to sit out on the balcony but it is so small you really don't spend that much time out there. The room was clean and a nice size but my biggest complaint was the constant banging of the doors at all hours of the day. The sea doors are very heavy and they really slam if you don't hold them all the way shut. People around us had no consideration for others and they would run in and out of their room and slam would go the door. I didn't notice very much noise on past cruises.

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

Seemed nice but with the recent deaths we decided to just stay in the Carnival controlled area and didn't eat or drink on the island. Would have been nice to go to another port while the issue was getting resolved.

Beach

We went to the big beach and had a great time playing in the water. The biggest issue was the hour long wait for lunch at the only restaurant.

Stingray Swim

We went on the stringray trip and it was fine but not something I would do again. They put you on a short bus ride and then you kind of meander around a bar / beach for an hour (pretty packed). Then you take a nice boat ride over to the sting rays which are cool to see but the snorkling was pretty poor. Ride back was a fun trip with potent rum punch.

View All 80 Stingray Swim Reviews