3. Brilliance of the Seas
We chose the itenirary British Isle mostly for Scotland which is rarely offered and thought the ship would be as good as same category ships ie loved Jewel and Serenade. Not problem at embarkation in Amsterdam although very annoying feeling besieged by staff selling ALL they could think of prior to us stepping on ship. Upon entering our balcony stateroom, the smell of sewer was so strong and the preview of 12 days amora to come. Not only our cabin but public toilets were often as bad. For our 25th anniversary my husband had pre-ordered 2 champagne and 2 wines to be deivered in the cabin prior to our arrival. NO BOTTLE in sight, we had to chase them for delevery. His surprise to me was ruined. The shock was to be told that we no longer have BASIC ameneties (hotel basic) no shampoo, conditioner or body lotion and 1 soap. In the shower is a dispenser 2 in 1 shampoo and body soap!!!!! Technology is backwards on the ship, no access to your account so line-up at guess services for a copy. But twice, my husband was given a copy of another stateroom....confidentiality? The dining room staff was good but food not at par. They even removed the salmon option when nothing is attractive. I will skip many bad experiences of this cruise to skip to the very bad ending. For the first time after 40 cruises we bought a transfer to the airport by bus. Once at the airport, only 1 out of 2 suitcases made is and NO ONE from RCCL to handle this. Thanks to Welma of Intercruises at the airport who took charge and texted at the port to find our luggage to be put on the next bus . Brilliance was less that Brilliant at this time.

Nickel and diming

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by gigiatsea

gigiatsea’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

It should be noted that most of the staff of Brilliance was great going out of there way to help especially Strateroom attendant, both Concierges from both lounges and dining room staff.